* maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 10:02 R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2009-10-06 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

i like the sansserif, 10 pt font. My texts are from time to time
scattered (? parsemées) with maths expressions (A_i etc).

How is it possible to get the sansserif font ?

(now i write A$_i$ but it is not at the best ...)

Thanks

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 10:13 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-06 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i like the sansserif, 10 pt font. My texts are from time to time
> scattered (? parsemées) with maths expressions (A_i etc).
>
> How is it possible to get the sansserif font ?
>
> (now i write A$_i$ but it is not at the best ...)
>
> Thanks
>
> Maybe
\starttext A\low{i} \stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 10:45   ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2009-10-06 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:13:13 +0200
luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> scribit:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i like the sansserif, 10 pt font. My texts are from time to time
> > scattered (? parsemées) with maths expressions (A_i etc).
> >
> > How is it possible to get the sansserif font ?
> >
> > (now i write A$_i$ but it is not at the best ...)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Maybe
> \starttext A\low{i} \stoptext
>
> --
> luigi

 Thanks Luigi, it works in this case, but it seems not to
be a generic solution.

What is the meaning of:
-------------------------
\low
Syntax
\low{...}
  {...}  text
  Description (edit)
 (empty)
-------------------------

source: http://texshow.contextgarden.net/

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 10:48     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-06 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

R. Bastian wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:13:13 +0200
> luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> scribit:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i like the sansserif, 10 pt font. My texts are from time to time
>>> scattered (? parsemées) with maths expressions (A_i etc).
>>>
>>> How is it possible to get the sansserif font ?
>>>
>>> (now i write A$_i$ but it is not at the best ...)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Maybe
>> \starttext A\low{i} \stoptext

or $\ss A_i$ maybe?

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 11:42       ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2009-10-06 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:48:24 +0200
Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> scribit:

> R. Bastian wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:13:13 +0200
> > luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> scribit:

> >> \starttext A\low{i} \stoptext
>
> or $\ss A_i$ maybe?

i will use \low, \lohi and \high

Thanks for the help

René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org
www.musiques-rb.org

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 12:00     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-06 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:13:13 +0200
> luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> scribit:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > i like the sansserif, 10 pt font. My texts are from time to time
> > > scattered (? parsemées) with maths expressions (A_i etc).
> > >
> > > How is it possible to get the sansserif font ?
> > >
> > > (now i write A$_i$ but it is not at the best ...)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Maybe
> > \starttext A\low{i} \stoptext
> >
> > --
> > luigi
>
>  Thanks Luigi, it works in this case, but it seems not to
> be a generic solution.
>
> What is the meaning of:
> -------------------------
> \low
> Syntax
> \low{...}
>  {...}  text

It means:"\low macro must be used  this manner:
 \low{<<text>>}
where you must replace <<text>> with your text.

>  Description (edit)
>  (empty)
> -------------------------
>
> It means:"Verbose description of this macro:
sorry, no  description here.
But you can edit it, if you have the rights"

I believe that \low ,\high \lohi must be used with care:

\starttext

{\ss  A\low{\ruledvtop{\hsize=5in\input tufte }}}

\blank

{\tt B\low{\ruledvtop{\hsize=5in\input knuth }}}

\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 12:55       ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2009-10-06 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:00:26 +0200
luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> scribit:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:13:13 +0200
> > luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> scribit:

> > > \starttext A\low{i} \stoptext
> > >
> > > --
> > > luigi
> >
> >  Thanks Luigi, it works in this case, but it seems not to
> > be a generic solution.
> >
> > What is the meaning of:
> > -------------------------
> > \low
> > Syntax
> > \low{...}
> >  {...}  text
> >
> It means:"\low macro must be used  this manner:
>  \low{<<text>>}
> where you must replace <<text>> with your text.
>

> >  Description (edit)
> >  (empty)
> > -------------------------
> >
> > It means:"Verbose description of this macro:
> sorry, no  description here.
> But you can edit it, if you have the rights"

I dont have rights, boooooooooooooh ;-)

> I believe that \low ,\high \lohi must be used with care:
>
> \starttext
>
> {\ss  A\low{\ruledvtop{\hsize=5in\input tufte }}}
>
> \blank
>
> {\tt B\low{\ruledvtop{\hsize=5in\input knuth }}}
>
> \stoptext

it works without the \input.

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: maths & sansserif
@ 2009-10-06 13:02         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-06 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM, R. Bastian <rbastian@free.fr> wrote:

> > I believe that \low ,\high \lohi must be used with care:
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > {\ss  A\low{\ruledvtop{\hsize=5in\input tufte }}}
> >
> > \blank
> >
> > {\tt B\low{\ruledvtop{\hsize=5in\input knuth }}}
> >
> > \stoptext
>
> it works without the \input.

Yes, of course I have made an example over the limits
just to show the abuse.

--
luigi

* Re: maths & sansserif