* Enumeration bug
@ 2009-10-11 14:10 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-10-11 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi all,

There might be a bug in the enumeration environment. First the
enumeration definition contains the option location=top.
When an enumeration item is started while there is already a figure
placed left, then the  enumeration tag shows up as expected, however
the text of the enumeration item starts at the left border of the
text area.

If the option location is set to location=left, then in the same
condition as above, the enumeration tag shows up to the right of the
enumeration text and if the text is long, the tag is also overwritten.

I tested this with the version of Context of 2009-10-02.

For testing please refer to the attached file.

Kind regards

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: enumeration-test.tex --]

% Context file
% Filename: enumeration-test.tex
% Willi Egger
% 11-10-2009

\defineenumeration
	[Step]
	[location=left,
	width=fit,
	distance=1em,
	text=Step~]

\starttext
\input tufte

\placefigure
	[here,left]
	[]
	{none}
	{\externalfigure[cow][height=2cm]}

\Step{a}

\Step{b}

\Step{c}

\input ward

\startStep
	We thrive in information--thick worlds because of our marvelous and everyday capacity
	to select, edit, single out, structure, highlight, group, pair, merge, harmonize,
	synthesize, focus, organize, condense, \dots
\stopStep

\stoptext

* Re: Enumeration bug
@ 2009-10-12  7:46 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-12  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There might be a bug in the enumeration environment. First the enumeration
> definition contains the option location=top.
> When an enumeration item is started while there is already a figure placed
> left, then the  enumeration tag shows up as expected, however the text of
> the enumeration item starts at the left border of the text area.
>
> If the option location is set to location=left, then in the same condition
> as above, the enumeration tag shows up to the right of the enumeration text
> and if the text is long, the tag is also overwritten.
>
> I tested this with the version of Context of 2009-10-02.
>
> For testing please refer to the attached file.
yes, it looks strange even to me -- but I'm not very confident with \placefigure

--
luigi