* Problem with \setupinterlinespace
@ 2009-10-15 13:39 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-15 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

In this example interlines spaces look a bit strange to me
\starttext
\input knuth
\begingroup
\tfx\setupinterlinespace[reset]
\starttyping
function newCounter()
 local i = 0
 return function()
         i = i+1
         return i
        end
end
c1 = newCounter()
print(c1()) --> 1
print(c1()) --> 2
c2 = newCounter()
print(c2()) --> 1
print(c1()) --> 3
print(c2()) --> 2
\stoptyping
\endgroup

\input tufte
\stoptext

Can someone confirm this ?

--
luigi

* Re: Problem with \setupinterlinespace
@ 2009-10-15 13:50 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-10-15 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso schrieb:
> In this example interlines spaces look a bit strange to me
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \begingroup
> \tfx\setupinterlinespace[reset]
> \starttyping
> function newCounter()
>  local i = 0
>  return function()
>          i = i+1
>          return i
>         end
> end
> c1 = newCounter()
> print(c1()) --> 1
> print(c1()) --> 2
> c2 = newCounter()
> print(c2()) --> 1
> print(c1()) --> 3
> print(c2()) --> 2
> \stoptyping
> \endgroup
>
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>

> Can someone confirm this ?

yep! the third paragraph has wrong interlinespace here. but if you add a
\par or an emtpy line after '\input knuth' things look ok here. bug or
feature ;)

best wishes,  peter

* Re: Problem with \setupinterlinespace
@ 2009-10-15 13:59   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-15 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

What about this ?

\usemodule[maps]
\usemodule[visual]
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setuplanguage[en]
\definecolumnsetspan[wide][n=2]
\def\Tfx{\tfx\setupinterlinespace[line=2.5ex]}

\starttext

\startArticle [Year=2009,
               Number=xx,
               Period=xx,
               Page=1,
               Title={foo},
               Author={Luigi Scarso}]

\input knuth

\blank

\begingroup
\Tfx
\input knuth\par
\starttyping
function newCounter()
 local i = 0
 return function()
         i = i+1
         return i
        end
end
c1 = newCounter()
print(c1()) --> 1
print(c1()) --> 2
c2 = newCounter()
print(c2()) --> 1
print(c1()) --> 3
print(c2()) --> 2
\stoptyping
\input knuth\par
\endgroup

\blank

\input tufte \par
\stopArticle
\stoptext

--
luigi

* interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-15 16:32 ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-15 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

please look at the attachment. I want different interline spacing for
big, normal and small font sizes. What is the best approach?

I tried \setupinterlinespace[big] (works only after \starttext!) or
\setupinterlinespace[line=3.5ex] (works also before \starttext) but
this changes, as intended, interline spacing as a whole.

There is also \setupbodyfontenvironment (Problem with \chapter{…} or
did I something wrong?). Now I've to use \switchtobodyfont[…] instead
of \tfa and so on. Is there a trick?

[-- Attachment #2: test-interlinespacing.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: test-interlinespacing.tex --]

\starttypescript [serif] [MinionPro] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Serif]       [Minion-Regular]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic] [Minion-Italic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [MinionPro] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Minion-Regular] [name:MinionPro-Regular] [features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [Minion-Italic]  [name:MinionPro-It]      [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [MinionPro]
  \definetypeface [minion] [rm] [serif] [MinionPro] [default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[MinionPro]
\setupbodyfont[minion,12pt]

\setupwhitespace[big]

% \setupinterlinespace[big]        % not OK
% \setupinterlinespace[line=3.5ex] % OK

%% is this the best way to go?
% \setupbodyfontenvironment [minion] [default] [interlinespace=3.1ex]
\setupbodyfontenvironment [minion] [18pt] [interlinespace=10ex]
\setupbodyfontenvironment [minion] [12pt] [interlinespace=3.5ex]
\setupbodyfontenvironment [minion] [10pt] [interlinespace=3.1ex]
\setupbodyfontenvironment [minion]  [9pt] [interlinespace=2.9ex]

%% there's no Difference between \setupbodyfontenvironment and
%% \definebodyfontenvironment?

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [style={\switchtobodyfont[18pt]}]
  % [style=\tfa]

\setupdelimitedtext
  [blockquote]
  [style={\switchtobodyfont[10pt]}] % no bodyfont-command

\setupfootnotes[bodyfont=9pt]

\starttext  \showframe[text]

% \setupinterlinespace[big] % OK

\chapter{The space before and after the first line ist bigger than it
  should. The rest ist not proberly interline spaced. The space before and after the first line ist bigger than it
  should. The rest ist not proberly interline spaced.}

\input tufte

\startblockquote
  \input tufte \par \input tufte \par % !!
\stopblockquote

\input tufte

And now a footnote\footnote{\input tufte}

\stoptext

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: context
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

Thank you in advance

	Andreas

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-15 16:54   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-10-15 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Harder schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> please look at the attachment. I want different interline spacing for
> big, normal and small font sizes. What is the best approach?
>
> I tried \setupinterlinespace[big] (works only after \starttext!) or
> \setupinterlinespace[line=3.5ex] (works also before \starttext) but
> this changes, as intended, interline spacing as a whole.
>
> There is also \setupbodyfontenvironment (Problem with \chapter{…} or
> did I something wrong?). Now I've to use \switchtobodyfont[…] instead
> of \tfa and so on. Is there a trick?

sorry, no direct answer to your questions. but if you add a \showstruts
to your document (after \starttext), you will see two big struts on both
sides of the chapter number. looks like these struts (~80pt) cause the
trouble here.

hth,  peter

> Thank you in advance
>
>     Andreas

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-15 19:46   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-15 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Harder wrote:

> There is also \setupbodyfontenvironment (Problem with \chapter{…} or did
> I something wrong?). Now I've to use \switchtobodyfont[…] instead of
> \tfa and so on.

Why not do that? If you are fiddling with the interline space, it is
IMO better to switch the whole bodyfont, just in case.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-15 19:55     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-15 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Andreas Harder wrote:
>>
>> There is also \setupbodyfontenvironment (Problem with \chapter{…} or
>> did I something wrong?). Now I've to use \switchtobodyfont[…] instead
>> of \tfa and so on.
>
> Why not do that? If you are fiddling with the interline space, it is
> IMO better to switch the whole bodyfont, just in case.

Oh, I see. Somehow the interlinespace setting from the typescript
doesn't come through. You could do this:

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [style={\switchtobodyfont[18pt]\setupinterlinespace[line=10ex]}]

but it is weird that it does not work out of the box.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-15 21:53       ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-15 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.10.2009 um 21:55 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Andreas Harder wrote:
>>>
>>> There is also \setupbodyfontenvironment (Problem with \chapter{…}
>>> or did I something wrong?). Now I've to use \switchtobodyfont[…]
>>> instead of \tfa and so on.
>> Why not do that? If you are fiddling with the interline space, it is
>> IMO better to switch the whole bodyfont, just in case.

Okay, thank you for your advise. Why I can't say:
\setupbodyfontenvironment [minion] [14.4pt] [interlinespace=3ex] % \tfa
\setupbodyfontenvironment [minion]  [9.6pt] [interlinespace=4ex] % \tfx
and then use style=\tfa?

> Oh, I see. Somehow the interlinespace setting from the typescript
> doesn't come through. You could do this:
>
> \setuphead
>  [chapter]
>  [style={\switchtobodyfont[18pt]\setupinterlinespace[line=10ex]}]
>
> but it is weird that it does not work out of the box.

Because it works if one set \setupinterlinespace[line=5ex] for the
whole document … By the way, what happened with \setupinterlinespace
[big]?

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

PS. I don't want to be too greedy, but could you also have a look at http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091014.122329.48e0bcc0.en.html
  ?

	Andreas

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16  6:13         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-16  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Harder wrote:

> Okay, thank you for your advise. Why I can't say:
> \setupbodyfontenvironment [minion] [14.4pt] [interlinespace=3ex] % \tfa
> \setupbodyfontenvironment [minion]  [9.6pt] [interlinespace=4ex] % \tfx
> and then use style=\tfa?

In the interest of speed, \tfa only does the bare necessities to get
a larger visual font size, and consequently all changes it makes are
'local', \switchtobodyfont sets up the 'global' settings as well, and
these are the ones used by grid snapping and insertions etc.

>> Oh, I see. Somehow the interlinespace setting from the typescript
>> doesn't come through. You could do this:
>>
>> \setuphead
>>  [chapter]
>>  [style={\switchtobodyfont[18pt]\setupinterlinespace[line=10ex]}]
>>
>> but it is weird that it does not work out of the box.
>
> Because it works if one set \setupinterlinespace[line=5ex] for the whole
> document … By the way, what happened with \setupinterlinespace[big]?

I have no idea, Hans should have a look at that.

> Anyway, thanks for your reply!
>
> PS. I don't want to be too greedy, but could you also have a look at
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091014.122329.48e0bcc0.en.html ?

I'll get back to you,

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16 12:12           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-16 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> Because it works if one set \setupinterlinespace[line=5ex] for the
>> whole document … By the way, what happened with
>> \setupinterlinespace[big]?
>
> I have no idea, Hans should have a look at that.

\start \setupinterlinespace[big] \input tufte \par \stop

work sok here

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16 12:30             ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-16 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.10.2009 um 14:12 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>>> Because it works if one set \setupinterlinespace[line=5ex] for the
>>> whole document … By the way, what happened with
>>> \setupinterlinespace[big]?
>> I have no idea, Hans should have a look at that.
>
> \start \setupinterlinespace[big] \input tufte \par \stop
>
> work sok here

But not in the preamble, or isn't it meant to be used in the preamble?
In contrast \setupinterlinespace[line=…] works in any location.

	Andreas

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16 12:35               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-16 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Harder wrote:

>>> I have no idea, Hans should have a look at that.
>>
>> \start \setupinterlinespace[big] \input tufte \par \stop
>>
>> work sok here
>

> But not in the preamble, or isn't it meant to be used in the preamble?
> In contrast \setupinterlinespace[line=…] works in any location.

small example please

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16 12:41                 ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-16 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.10.2009 um 14:35 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Andreas Harder wrote:

>>> \start \setupinterlinespace[big] \input tufte \par \stop
>>>
>>> work sok here
>> But not in the preamble, or isn't it meant to be used in the
>> preamble? In contrast \setupinterlinespace[line=…] works in any
>> location.
>
> small example please

\setupinterlinespace[big]
% \setupinterlinespace[line=24pt]

\starttext
\input tufte
\stoptext

Andreas

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16 13:39                   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-10-16 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Andreas Harder wrote:

> Am 16.10.2009 um 14:35 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> Andreas Harder wrote:

>>> But not in the preamble, or isn't it meant to be used in the preamble? In
>>> contrast \setupinterlinespace[line=…] works in any location.
>>
>> small example please
>

> \setupinterlinespace[big]

\setupinterlinespace[big,auto]

> % \setupinterlinespace[line=24pt]
>
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext

Aditya

* Re: interline spacing, me too
@ 2009-10-16 13:58                     ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-16 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.10.2009 um 15:39 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Andreas Harder wrote:

>>> small example please
>>

>> \setupinterlinespace[big]
>
> \setupinterlinespace[big,auto]

It's still not spaced big (latest beta) …

Andreas