* section numbers
@ 2009-10-19 12:49 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-10-19 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi all,

I could have sworn there was a thread recently about the same
question, but can't find it: I want section numbers without the
prefixed chapter number. Isn't this supposed to work?

\setuphead[section]
           [previousnumber=no]

\starttext

\chapter{One}

\section{one}

I was expecting the section to be numbered 1, not 1.1!

\stoptext

It prints "1.1" both in mkii and mkiv. What is the magic bullet?

Thanks

Thomas

* Re: section numbers
@ 2009-10-19 14:10 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-10-19 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.10.2009 um 14:49 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> Hi all,
>
> I could have sworn there was a thread recently about the same
> question, but can't find it: I want section numbers without the
> prefixed chapter number. Isn't this supposed to work?
>
> \setuphead[section]
>          [previousnumber=no]

\setuphead
   [section]
   [sectionsegments=3:100] % show only the numbers for level 3
(=section) till 100 (subsubsub...section)

Wolfgang

* Re: section numbers
@ 2009-10-19 14:28   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-10-19 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 19, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \setuphead
>  [section]
>  [sectionsegments=3:100] % show only the numbers for level 3
> (=section) till 100 (subsubsub...section)
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you Wolfgang, that does it! At the risk of sounding like a
crybaby: would one of the two people who have understood how the new
structure code works please add some documentation somewhere? Just
imagine what would happen if Hans and Wolfgang were struck by
lightning on the same day :-)

Thanks, and all best

Thomas

* Re: section numbers
@ 2009-10-19 14:34     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-19 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz <
thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

Just imagine what would happen if Hans and Wolfgang were struck by lightning
> on the same day :-)

They will rise again,
just like the Phoenix.

--
luigi

* Re: section numbers
@ 2009-10-19 16:17     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-10-19 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I did not understand that this be the answer to the question,
but, of course, I cannot contradict he who posted the question
in the beginning. However, I understood that Thomas still wanted
chapters to be numbered, but that sections be numbered independently.

In my case, I have been struggling to have parts numbered
(I, II, III, IV) and to have chapters numbered independently
(1, 2, 3, 4, ...), such as:

Part I
 Chapter 1
 Chapter 2
Part II
 Chapter 3
 Chapter 4
Part III
 Chapter 5

For this, I have

\setuplabeltext[chapter=Chapter ] % By default, blank when using \part
\doifmodeelse{mkiv}{
        \setupstructureheads[sectionsegments=2:100]
        \setupstructurehead[part][resetnumber=no,placehead=yes]
}{ % mkii
        \setuplist[chapter,section,subsection,subsubsection][partnumber=no]
}

but this is not quite right (works fine in mkii):
- the parts are not numbered
- the chapters are numbered 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, ...

I have not yet figured this out (another problem kept me from
using mkiv on this problem, resolved only recently).

Alan

On Monday 19 October 2009 16:28:10 Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> > \setuphead
> >  [section]
> >  [sectionsegments=3:100] % show only the numbers for level 3
> > (=section) till 100 (subsubsub...section)
> >
> > Wolfgang
>
> Thank you Wolfgang, that does it! At the risk of sounding like a
> crybaby: would one of the two people who have understood how the new
> structure code works please add some documentation somewhere? Just
> imagine what would happen if Hans and Wolfgang were struck by
> lightning on the same day :-)
>
> Thanks, and all best
>
> Thomas

* Re: section numbers