* mailing list question/problem
@ 2009-11-16 11:35 Bernhard Rosensteiner
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-16 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,

i´m new to the mailing list. i posted a few questions on the mailing list for a while but got never an answer. The last thing i posted was in the [NTG-context] BibTeX/Publications thread:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091115.194137.4395932d.en.html

it seems that i make something wrong with posting because i get always ignored (see following discussion on in the mail...).

Please can somebody write back only that i can by certain that my messages become properly posted -  thanks.

best regards
Bernhard

From: Roger Mason @ 2009-11-16 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Bernhard,

Bernhard Rosensteiner <brosensteiner@gmail.com> writes:

>    Please can somebody write back only that i can by certain that my
>    messages become properly posted -  thanks.

I see your message.

Best wishes,
Roger
@ 2009-11-16 12:32 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-16 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 16, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Bernhard Rosensteiner wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> i´m new to the mailing list. i posted a few questions on the mailing
> list for a while but got never an answer. The last thing i posted
> was in the [NTG-context] BibTeX/Publications thread:
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091115.194137.4395932d.en.html
>
> it seems that i make something wrong with posting because i get
> always ignored (see following discussion on in the mail...).
>
> Please can somebody write back only that i can by certain that my
> messages become properly posted -  thanks.

Yes, your messages are posted correctly. I think you got no reply to
your first question because there was no minimal example (your code
referred to a bibtex file that wasn't included). But this list is
sometimes a bit busy, so things just get lost in the excitement of it
all. Don't feel embarrassed to post your question again.

Thomas
@ 2009-11-16 12:36   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-16 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>> Please can somebody write back only that i can by certain that my
>> messages become properly posted -  thanks.
>
> Yes, your messages are posted correctly. I think you got no reply to
> your first question because there was no minimal example (your code
> referred to a bibtex file that wasn't included). But this list is
> sometimes a bit busy, so things just get lost in the excitement of it
> all. Don't feel embarrassed to post your question again.

I would like to add that messages without example file are much more
likely to get 'lost'. I myself do not even look at questions on the list
that require me to reverse engineer the input, and I suspect the same is
true for many of the regular posters.

Best wishes,
Taco
@ 2009-11-16 12:48 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-11-16 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Bernhard Rosensteiner
<brosensteiner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> i´m new to the mailing list. i posted a few questions on the mailing list
> for a while but got never an answer. The last thing i posted was in
> the [NTG-context] BibTeX/Publications thread:
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091115.194137.4395932d.en.html
> it seems that i make something wrong with posting because i get always
> ignored (see following discussion on in the mail...).
> Please can somebody write back only that i can by certain that my messages
> become properly posted -  thanks.
It's ok here -- I have seen your emails too.
I usually try to post something like this

test.tex fails in mkiv (or mkii, or both)
with ..... (relevant errors msgs, usually take from test.log)
on ... (machine, eventually minimals or TeXlive specs.)

%%test.tex
\starttext
%
% My code here
%
\stoptext

test.tex should be a "cut-and-paste" text , ie not very long.

--
luigi
@ 2009-11-16 13:02     ` Bernhard Rosensteiner
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-16 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

thanks for the responses. In the future i will follow your suggestions.

best regards
Bernhard