* conditional for undefined references
@ 2020-03-29 11:53 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-03-29 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

consider the following sample:

    \setuppapersize[A8]
    \starttext
    \ConTeXt:

    \in[seac]

    Is it defined?:
    \doifelse{\in[seac]}{??}{undefined}{defined}

    \Lua:

    \ctxlua{context([[{\in[seac]}]])}

    Is it defined?:
    \startlua
    if [[{\in[seac]}]] == "??" then
        context("undefined")
      else
        context("defined")
    end
    \stoplua
    \stoptext

Is there a way to deal with undefined references?

I mean, I need a conditional to handle undefined references.

Why do I have undefined references in my documents? Well, I have almost
90 (Markdown) documents that I need to compile as single documents and
also as one document. When compiling as single documents, there are a
few references to other documents. This is the reason why they are
undefined.

Any chance to be able to catch a "??" output (or \dummyreference) from
"\in[reference]"?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: conditional for undefined references
@ 2020-03-29 12:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-03-29 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 29.03.2020 um 13:53:
> Dear list,
>
> consider the following sample:
>
>      \setuppapersize[A8]
>      \starttext
>      \ConTeXt:
>
>      \in[seac]
>
>      Is it defined?:
>      \doifelse{\in[seac]}{??}{undefined}{defined}
>
>      \Lua:
>
>      \ctxlua{context([[{\in[seac]}]])}
>
>      Is it defined?:
>      \startlua
>      if [[{\in[seac]}]] == "??" then
>          context("undefined")
>        else
>          context("defined")
>      end
>      \stoplua
>      \stoptext
>

> Is there a way to deal with undefined references?
>
> I mean, I need a conditional to handle undefined references.
>
> Why do I have undefined references in my documents? Well, I have almost
> 90 (Markdown) documents that I need to compile as single documents and
> also as one document. When compiling as single documents, there are a
> few references to other documents. This is the reason why they are
> undefined.
>
> Any chance to be able to catch a "??" output (or \dummyreference) from
> "\in[reference]"?
>
> Many thanks for your help,

ConTeXt gives you a message about missing references in the log-file but
there is no simple way to show the in the PDF which is a step backwards
because in MkII it was able to get a small message in the margins about
unknown references.

What you can do is to use the \doifelsereferencefound command to check
if the requested reference exists before you get the page number etc.

\starttext

Take a look at
\doifelsereferencefound{unknown:1}
   {\at{page}[unknown:1]}
   {\dummyreference\inright[style=\ttxx]{Missing reference}}.

This line ha a reference.\pagereference[unknown:2]

Take a look at
\doifelsereferencefound{unknown:2}
   {\at{page}[unknown:2]}
   {\dummyreference\inright[style=\ttxx]{Missing reference}}.

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: conditional for undefined references
@ 2020-03-30  8:06   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-03-30  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 29.03.2020 um 13:53:
>> [...]
>> Is there a way to deal with undefined references?
>> [...]
>> Any chance to be able to catch a "??" output (or \dummyreference) from
>> "\in[reference]"?
>
> What you can do is to use the \doifelsereferencefound command to check
> if the requested reference exists before you get the page number etc.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

\doifelsereferencefound is exactly what I need.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk