* setupheads separator and stopper
@ 2015-04-23 14:34 Csikos Bela
From: Csikos Bela @ 2015-04-23 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list members:

contextgarden wiki site http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says
that the \setupheads command "has been reported non-working for some people".

For me the alternative=inmargin/normal options work, but the separator= and
stopper= options have no effect. I would like my chapter, section etc numbers to
have a dot after them, eg 1. 1.1. etc. How could I achieve this? Just in curiousity,
how can I change the separator?

Thanks in advance,

bcsikos

* Re: setupheads separator and stopper
@ 2015-04-23 23:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-23 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 23.04.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Csikos Bela <bcsikos425@freemail.hu>:
>
> Hello list members:
>
> contextgarden wiki site http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says
> that the \setupheads command "has been reported non-working for some people".
>
> For me the alternative=inmargin/normal options work, but the separator= and
> stopper= options have no effect. I would like my chapter, section etc numbers to
> have a dot after them, eg 1. 1.1. etc. How could I achieve this? Just in curiousity,
> how can I change the separator?

\setuphead
  [sectionstarter=(,
   sectionstopper=)]

%\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[none]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]

\starttext

\chapter[sec:chapter]{Chapter}

\section[sec:section]{Section}

\subsection[sec:subsection]{Subsection}

Reference to chapter \in[sec:chapter] and section \in[sec:section].

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: setupheads separator and stopper
@ 2015-04-24  9:19   ` Csikos Bela
From: Csikos Bela @ 2015-04-24  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster  írta:

>> Am 23.04.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>
>> Hello list members:
>>
>> contextgarden wiki site http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says
>> that the \setupheads command "has been reported non-working for some people".
>>
>> For me the alternative=inmargin/normal options work, but the separator= and
>> stopper= options have no effect. I would like my chapter, section etc numbers to
>> have a dot after them, eg 1. 1.1. etc. How could I achieve this? Just in curiousity,
>> how can I change the separator?
>
>\setuphead
>  [sectionstarter=(,
>   sectionstopper=)]
>
>%\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[none]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]
>
>\starttext
>
>\chapter[sec:chapter]{Chapter}
>
>\section[sec:section]{Section}
>
>\subsection[sec:subsection]{Subsection}
>
>Reference to chapter \in[sec:chapter] and section \in[sec:section].
>
>\stoptext

Thank you. This works for me.

Just two questions:

1. The "section" part of the words sectionstarter and sectionstopper above is just
a general term for any heading type and does not correspond to the heading type.
Is this correct? (That is, there are no chapterstarter=, subsectionstarter= etc. options).

2. The command you commented, \setupreferencestructureprefix, what does it supposed to do? It did not do anything for me, eg:
\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[diamond]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]

Based on the above I used this code tho achieve the required look:

%%%
\setuphead[sectionstopper=.]

\starttext

\chapter{Chapter}

\section{Section}

\subsection{Subsection}

\stoptext
%%%

I found that \setupheads[sectionstopper=.] (plural) has the same effect.
I guess \setupheads is the general setup for all types of headings, and
\setupheads[<heading-type>][options] for the given <heading-type>.
But if in the latter command I don't specify <heading-type> it will apply
to all heading-types. Is this correct?

By experimenting further I also found that:

\setuphead[section][] will apply to section, subsection and subsubsection but
not to chapter.

\setuphead[chapter][] will apply to chapter only, and not to any ...section.

Thank you,

@ 2015-04-24  9:46     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-24  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 24.04.2015 um 11:19 schrieb Csikos Bela <bcsikos425@freemail.hu>:
>
> Wolfgang Schuster  írta:
>>
>>> Am 23.04.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>>
>>> Hello list members:
>>>
>>> contextgarden wiki site http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says
>>> that the \setupheads command "has been reported non-working for some people".
>>>
>>> For me the alternative=inmargin/normal options work, but the separator= and
>>> stopper= options have no effect. I would like my chapter, section etc numbers to
>>> have a dot after them, eg 1. 1.1. etc. How could I achieve this? Just in curiousity,
>>> how can I change the separator?
>>
>> \setuphead
>> [sectionstarter=(,
>>  sectionstopper=)]
>>
>> %\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[none]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \chapter[sec:chapter]{Chapter}
>>
>> \section[sec:section]{Section}
>>
>> \subsection[sec:subsection]{Subsection}
>>
>> Reference to chapter \in[sec:chapter] and section \in[sec:section].
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Thank you. This works for me.
>
> Just two questions:
>
> 1. The "section" part of the words sectionstarter and sectionstopper above is just
> a general term for any heading type and does not correspond to the heading type.
> Is this correct? (That is, there are no chapterstarter=, subsectionstarter= etc. options).

No, it’s part of the key name and you have to use „sectionstopper” also for \part, \chapter etc.

> 2. The command you commented, \setupreferencestructureprefix, what does it supposed to do? It did not do anything for me, eg:
> \setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[diamond]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]

It comes the starter and stopper from the reference number in the text, compare the result from
\in with and without the \setupreferencestructureprefix setting.

> Based on the above I used this code tho achieve the required look:
>
> %%%
> \setuphead[sectionstopper=.]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Chapter}
>
> \section{Section}
>
> \subsection{Subsection}
>
> \stoptext
> %%%
>
> I found that \setupheads[sectionstopper=.] (plural) has the same effect.

\setupheads is only a synonym for \setuphead.

Wolfgang

* Re: setupheads separator and stopper
@ 2015-04-24 12:07       ` Csikos Bela
From: Csikos Bela @ 2015-04-24 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster írta:

>> 1. The "section" part of the words sectionstarter and sectionstopper above is just
>> a general term for any heading type and does not correspond to the heading type.
>> Is this correct? (That is, there are no chapterstarter=, subsectionstarter= etc. options).
>
>No, it’s part of the key name and you have to use „sectionstopper” also for \part, \chapter etc.

I see.

>> 2. The command you commented, \setupreferencestructureprefix, what does it supposed to do? It did not do anything for me, eg:
>> \setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[diamond]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]
>
>It comes the starter and stopper from the reference number in the text, compare the result from
>\in with and without the \setupreferencestructureprefix setting.

I compared the output of \in with commented and non-commented
\setupreferencestructureprefix line. It does not make any difference, the two
outputs are the same.

>\setupheads is only a synonym for \setuphead.

OK. I also tried to change the separator to dash but I couldn't.
I tried with \setuphead[separator=-] and with \setuphead[sectionseparator=-]
but they didn't work. How can I change that?

Thank you again,

@ 2015-04-24 12:25         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-24 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 24.04.2015 um 14:07 schrieb Csikos Bela <bcsikos425@freemail.hu>:
>
> Wolfgang Schuster írta:
>
>>> 1. The "section" part of the words sectionstarter and sectionstopper above is just
>>> a general term for any heading type and does not correspond to the heading type.
>>> Is this correct? (That is, there are no chapterstarter=, subsectionstarter= etc. options).
>>
>> No, it’s part of the key name and you have to use „sectionstopper” also for \part, \chapter etc.
>
> I see.
>
>>> 2. The command you commented, \setupreferencestructureprefix, what does it supposed to do? It did not do anything for me, eg:
>>> \setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[diamond]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]
>>
>> It comes the starter and stopper from the reference number in the text, compare the result from
>> \in with and without the \setupreferencestructureprefix setting.
>
> I compared the output of \in with commented and non-commented
> \setupreferencestructureprefix line. It does not make any difference, the two
> outputs are the same.

Without the the \setupreferencestructureprefix line you get

    Reference to chapter (1) and section (1.1).

and with the line

    Reference to chapter 1 and section 1.1.

>> \setupheads is only a synonym for \setuphead.
>
> OK. I also tried to change the separator to dash but I couldn't.
> I tried with \setuphead[separator=-] and with \setuphead[sectionseparator=-]
> but they didn't work. How can I change that?

You have to create a list of the separators with \defineseparatorset which can
then be applied with the sectionseparatorset key.

\defineseparatorset[mysectionseparator][x,y,z][?]

\setuphead[sectionseparatorset=mysectionseparator]

\setuphead[part]   [placehead=yes,page=no]
\setuphead[chapter][page=no]

\starttext

\part{Part}

\chapter{Chapter}