* table and \setuptables questions
@ 2016-11-17 14:25 Csikos Bela
From: Csikos Bela @ 2016-11-17 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list members:

Last time I sent this message to the wrong thread accidentally. Now I send it again, hopefully to a new thread.

I have this simple table:

\starttext
\placetable[here]{title}{
\setuptables[bodyfont=8pt,rulethickness=0.04em]
\start
\setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
\starttable[|lp(5cm)|lp(5cm)|cp(2cm)|]
\HL[2]
\NC \bf First Column \NC \bf Second Column \NC \bf Third Column \NC \SR
\HL
\NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis,
semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. \NC Lorem ipsum \NC \SR
\HL
\NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus
\NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \NC Pellentesque \NC \SR
\HL
\NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec \NC \SR
\HL[2]
\stoptable
\stop}
\stoptext

I have some questions related to the above table.

1. How can I set the distance between the text (in rows) and the rule above and below the text, separately?
I find that the rules are too close to the text. I tried \setuptables' height and depth options but those are not what I need.  (For example the depth option adds extra space in rows where it is unnecessary.) What are height and depth options are for exactly?

2. Can \setuptables[bodyfont=...] option use font sizes as \tfa, \tfb, \tfc, \tfx, \tfxx, or point size has to be
set explicitly?

3. What is the distance option in \setuptables?

Thank you in advance,

bcsikos

* Re: table and \setuptables questions
@ 2016-11-17 14:54 ` Csikos Bela
From: Csikos Bela @ 2016-11-17 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please disregard my last  message.
I haven't noticed that an answer arrived a little bit earlier I posted it.

But I don't understand why it didn't go in a new thread.

Best regards,

@ 2016-11-17 15:58     ` Csikos Bela
From: Csikos Bela @ 2016-11-17 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen írta:
>On 11/11/2016 4:26 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
>> Dear list members:
>>
>> I have this simple table:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \placetable[here]{title}{
>> \setuptables[bodyfont=8pt,rulethickness=0.04em]
>> \start
>> \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
>> \starttable[|lp(5cm)|lp(5cm)|cp(2cm)|]
>> \HL[2]
>> \NC \bf First Column \NC \bf Second Column \NC \bf Third Column \NC \SR
>> \HL
>> \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis,
>> semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. \NC Lorem ipsum \NC \SR
>> \HL
>> \NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus
>> \NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \NC Pellentesque \NC \SR
>> \HL
>> \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec \NC \SR
>> \HL[2]
>> \stoptable
>> \stop}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> I have some questions related to the above table.
>>
>> 1. How can I set the distance between the text (in rows) and the rule above and  below the text, separately?
>> I find that the rules are too close to the text. I tried \setuptables' height and depth options but those are
>> not what I need, I guess. What are height and depth options are for exactly?

Thank you for your answer.

>it's not configurable

Is it configurable in other table types, e.g. in TABLE or xtables?

>i'll an openup key
>

>\unprotect
>
>\def\tabl_table_normal_full_rule
>   {\starttablenoalign
>    \!ttGetHalfRuleThickness
>    \scratchdistance\directtablesparameter\c!openup
>    \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
>    \hrule\s!height\scratchdimen\s!depth\scratchdimen
>    \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
>    \stoptablenoalign}
>
>\setuptables
>   [\c!openup=\zeropoint]
>
>\protect

>% \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
>\setuptables
>   [openup=-.2ex]

Thank you. This forks for the distance between the rule and the top of the following text,
but not for the distance between the bottom of the text and the following rule.
How would it be that?

@ 2016-11-17 13:13   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-11-17 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/11/2016 4:26 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
> Dear list members:
>
> I have this simple table:
>
> \starttext
> \placetable[here]{title}{
> \setuptables[bodyfont=8pt,rulethickness=0.04em]
> \start
> \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
> \starttable[|lp(5cm)|lp(5cm)|cp(2cm)|]
> \HL[2]
> \NC \bf First Column \NC \bf Second Column \NC \bf Third Column \NC \SR
> \HL
> \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis,
> semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. \NC Lorem ipsum \NC \SR
> \HL
> \NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus
> \NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \NC Pellentesque \NC \SR
> \HL
> \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec \NC \SR
> \HL[2]
> \stoptable
> \stop}
> \stoptext
>
> I have some questions related to the above table.
>
> 1. How can I set the distance between the text (in rows) and the rule above and  below the text, separately?
> I find that the rules are too close to the text. I tried \setuptables' height and depth options but those are
> not what I need, I guess. What are height and depth options are for exactly?

it's not configurable

i'll an openup key

\unprotect

\def\tabl_table_normal_full_rule
   {\starttablenoalign
    \!ttGetHalfRuleThickness
    \scratchdistance\directtablesparameter\c!openup
    \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
    \hrule\s!height\scratchdimen\s!depth\scratchdimen
    \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
    \stoptablenoalign}

\setuptables
   [\c!openup=\zeropoint]

\protect

% \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
\setuptables
   [openup=-.2ex]

> 2.  Can \setuptables[bodyfont=...] option use font sizes as \tfa, \tfb, \tfc, \tfx, \tfxx, or point size has to be
> set explicitly?

indeed

@ 2016-11-11 15:26 ` Csikos Bela