* Can't set typescript
@ 2009-06-07 15:38 Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2009-06-07 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm trying this small test:

%%%%%

\enableregime[utf]
\usetypescriptfile[type-xtx]
\usetypescript[gentium]
\setupbodyfont[gentium]
\starttext
\showbodyfont
\stoptext

%%%%%

It's supposed to select 'gentium' as typeface,
but the chart shown by 'showbodyfont' says I'm
using 'modern'.

Am I missing something? I'm using minimal install,
updated yesterday (although I have this problem for
at least two weeks).

Thanks,
Maurício

* Re: Can't set typescript
@ 2009-06-07 15:44 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-07 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.06.2009 um 17:38 schrieb Maurí cio:

> I'm trying this small test:
>
> %%%%%
>
> \enableregime[utf]
> \usetypescriptfile[type-xtx]
> \usetypescript[gentium]
> \setupbodyfont[gentium]
> \starttext
> \showbodyfont
> \stoptext
>
> %%%%%
>
> It's supposed to select 'gentium' as typeface,
> but the chart shown by 'showbodyfont' says I'm
> using 'modern'.
>
> Am I missing something? I'm using minimal install,
> updated yesterday (although I have this problem for
> at least two weeks).

1. Do you use XeTeX to process your file?

2. Do you have the Gentium fonts on your system?

Wolfgang

* Re: Can't set typescript
@ 2009-06-07 18:25   ` Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2009-06-07 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> I'm trying this small test:
>>
>> %%%%%
>>
>> \enableregime[utf]
>> \usetypescriptfile[type-xtx]
>> \usetypescript[gentium]
>> \setupbodyfont[gentium]
>> \starttext
>> \showbodyfont
>> \stoptext
>>
>> %%%%%
>>
>> It's supposed to select 'gentium' as typeface,
>> but the chart shown by 'showbodyfont' says I'm
>> using 'modern'.
>>
>> Am I missing something? I'm using minimal install,
>> updated yesterday (although I have this problem for
>> at least two weeks).
>
> 1. Do you use XeTeX to process your file?
>
> 2. Do you have the Gentium fonts on your system?

I use the minimal install from pragma site, as prescribed
in the 'simple' version of instructions in:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals

Aren't XeTeX and Gentium supposed to be there? I can find
these files:

context/tex/texmf-linux/xetex
context/tex/texmf-linux/bin/xetex

context/tex/texmf/fonts/enc/dvips/gentium
context/tex/texmf/fonts/truetype/public/gentium
context/tex/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/gentium
context/tex/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/gentium
context/tex/texmf/tex/context/third/gentium

Thanks,
Maurício

* Re: Can't set typescript
@ 2009-06-07 18:32     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-07 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.06.2009 um 20:25 schrieb Maurí cio:

>>> I'm trying this small test:
>>>
>>> %%%%%
>>>
>>> \enableregime[utf]
>>> \usetypescriptfile[type-xtx]
>>> \usetypescript[gentium]
>>> \setupbodyfont[gentium]
>>> \starttext
>>> \showbodyfont
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> %%%%%
>>>
>>> It's supposed to select 'gentium' as typeface,
>>> but the chart shown by 'showbodyfont' says I'm
>>> using 'modern'.
>>>
>>> Am I missing something? I'm using minimal install,
>>> updated yesterday (although I have this problem for
>>> at least two weeks).
>> 1. Do you use XeTeX to process your file?
>> 2. Do you have the Gentium fonts on your system?
>>

> I use the minimal install from pragma site, as prescribed
> in the 'simple' version of instructions in:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals

1. You don't need \enablregime[utf] for XeTeX or LuaTeX (you need
    it only when you want to process your document with pdfTeX too)

2. type-xtx is loaded for XeTeX by default

3. This should work:

    \usetypescriptfile[type-gentium]
    \usetypescript[gentium]
    \setupbodyfont[gentium]
    \starttext
    \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Can't set typescript
@ 2009-06-07 20:59       ` Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2009-06-07 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>    \usetypescriptfile[type-gentium]

Thanks! How did you know that (or, better, where
should I have looked for)? I had used what I read
in table 1.11 of typography pdf from main context
wiki page.

Best,
Maurício