* problems with context beta and mtxrun
@ 2010-06-09 19:54 Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-06-09 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

as read before there are some problems with mtxrun, now I got myself one
too. After an Update of this afternoon context wouldn't compile anymore.
The run of context --make delivers the following:

$ context --make
MTXrun | forcing cache reload
MTXrun | fileio: skipping configuration file '/opt/context-minimals/tex/
texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
MTXrun | fileio: using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts'
MTXrun | fileio: using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts'
MTXrun | fileio: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
MTXrun | fileio: using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts'
MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'
MTXrun |
MTXrun | runtime: 0.097 seconds

but I now both files exist inside of the context path...

Greetings

--
---
Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

In Lexington, Kentucky, it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your
pocket.

--
---
Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
Auf dem Sattler 4
34516 Ederbringhausen
Phone: +49 6454 799623
mobile: +49 176 63301749
Fax: +49 6454
e-Mail: scholz.m82@googlemail.com

In Lexington, Kentucky, it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your
pocket.

* Re: problems with context beta and mtxrun
@ 2010-06-10  8:46 ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-06-10  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:54:02 +0000, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> as read before there are some problems with mtxrun, now I got myself one
> too. After an Update of this afternoon context wouldn't compile anymore.
> The run of context --make delivers the following:
>
> $ context --make
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | fileio: skipping configuration file '/opt/context-minimals/tex/
> texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated MTXrun |
> fileio: using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts' MTXrun | fileio:
> using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts' MTXrun | fileio: remembering
> file 'mtx-context.lua' MTXrun | fileio: using suffix based filetype
> 'texmfscripts' MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or
> 'mtx-context.lua' MTXrun |
> MTXrun | runtime: 0.097 seconds
Just tried to fix it with a fresh install, now it results in the texmf-
project no such file or directory,

MTXrun | fileio: scanning path 'tree:////opt/context-minimals/tex/texmf-
project'
/opt/context-minimals/bin/mtxrun:9270: cannot open tree:////opt/context-
minimals/tex/texmf-project/: No such file or directory
MTXrun | make: done
MTXrun | state: saved

so that is an error that had been mentioned in another thread already,
but I'm not sure if there is already a solution for it or not, would be
nice if someone could give me a hint how to solve it...
Greetings

--
---
Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
Auf dem Sattler 4
34516 Ederbringhausen
Phone: +49 6454 799623
mobile: +49 176 63301749
Fax: +49 6454
e-Mail: scholz.m82@googlemail.com

Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?
		-- Pink Floyd

* Re: problems with context beta and mtxrun
@ 2010-06-10 13:33   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-06-10 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:46, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
<scholz.m82@googlemail.com> wrote:

> /opt/context-minimals/bin/mtxrun:9270: cannot open tree:////opt/context-
> minimals/tex/texmf-project/: No such file or directory
>
> so that is an error that had been mentioned in another thread already,
> but I'm not sure if there is already a solution for it or not

The easiest solution is to ignore that. The second-easiest solution is
to create an empty texmf-project directory.

The third-easiest solution would be to fix mtxrun not to complain too
loudly (or at least to print out that it doesn't exists, but not make
it look like an error).

Mojca

* Re: problems with context beta and mtxrun
@ 2010-06-10 18:35 ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-06-10 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:54:02 +0000, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> as read before there are some problems with mtxrun, now I got myself one
> too. After an Update of this afternoon context wouldn't compile anymore.
> The run of context --make delivers the following:
>
> $ context --make
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | fileio: skipping configuration file '/opt/context-minimals/tex/
> texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated MTXrun |
> fileio: using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts' MTXrun | fileio:
> using suffix based filetype 'texmfscripts' MTXrun | fileio: remembering
> file 'mtx-context.lua' MTXrun | fileio: using suffix based filetype
> 'texmfscripts' MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or
> 'mtx-context.lua' MTXrun |
> MTXrun | runtime: 0.097 seconds

Ok that error is resolved, just by comparing the texmfcnf.lua I created
with the texmfcnf.ori one, only input in mine was the TEXMFCACHE Option.

So everyone experience the same problem should compare this two files and
import his/her settings in a copy of the ori one and should make that as
texmfcnf.lua available....

Greetings
--
---
Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
Auf dem Sattler 4
34516 Ederbringhausen
Phone: +49 6454 799623
mobile: +49 176 63301749
Fax: +49 6454
e-Mail: scholz.m82@googlemail.com

He that bringeth a present, findeth the door open.
		-- Scottish proverb.

* Re: problems with context beta and mtxrun
@ 2010-06-10 22:52   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-06-10 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-6-2010 8:35, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> So everyone experience the same problem should compare this two files and
> import his/her settings in a copy of the ori one and should make that as
> texmfcnf.lua available....

you can try to put your differences in texmf-local/web2c but i didn't
test that yet

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE