* ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2010-08-05 12:02 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-05 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Jano has put up the preliminary programme for our meeting:

   http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.shtml

For those of you that are still in doubt or simply waiting with
registration: As Jano wrote last week, the registration is still open
and will remain open until we reach the available capacity. But it
is possible that the maximum capacity actually *will* be reached,
so it is not wise to delay your decision until the very last moment.

Hope to see you in Brejlov,

Taco

* Re: ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2010-08-12 13:02 ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-08-12 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

the preliminary programme was updated with the TeXperience 2010 talks on
Saturday and Sunday:
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.shtml

Jano

@ 2010-08-12 13:51   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-08-12 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-08-12 um 15:02 schrieb Jano Kula:

> Hello,
>
> the preliminary programme was updated with the TeXperience 2010
> talks on Saturday and Sunday:
> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.shtml

a printable version would be nice - white text on a dark background is
either invisible (if I disable printing backgrounds) or needs too much
ink/toner...

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2010-08-12 14:22     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2010-08-12 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.08.2010 15:51, schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

> Am 2010-08-12 um 15:02 schrieb Jano Kula:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the preliminary programme was updated with the TeXperience 2010 talks
>> on Saturday and Sunday:
>> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.shtml
>
> a printable version would be nice - white text on a dark background is
> either invisible (if I disable printing backgrounds) or needs too much
> ink/toner...

You can try the Firefox menu 'Ansicht-->Websiten-Stil-->Kein Stil'
(probably 'view-->website style-->no style' in (d)english). No eye candy
but printer conform.

Peter

* Re: ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2010-08-12 15:04     ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-08-12 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

On 08/12/2010 03:51 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2010-08-12 um 15:02 schrieb Jano Kula:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the preliminary programme was updated with the TeXperience 2010 talks
>> on Saturday and Sunday:
>> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.shtml
>
> a printable version would be nice - white text on a dark background is
> either invisible (if I disable printing backgrounds) or needs too much
> ink/toner...

Printable PDF above the programme. Be aware the program is still in
development: http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.pdf

Jano

@ 2010-08-12 15:31       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-08-12 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-08-12 um 16:22 schrieb Peter Rolf:
>> a printable version would be nice - white text on a dark background
>> is
>> either invisible (if I disable printing backgrounds) or needs too
>> much
>> ink/toner...
> You can try the Firefox menu 'Ansicht-->Websiten-Stil-->Kein Stil'
> (probably 'view-->website style-->no style' in (d)english). No eye
> candy
> but printer conform.

Good idea, should have thought of switching off styles myself (in
Safari it's in the Developer menu); the meals stay dark, but that's ok.

Am 2010-08-12 um 17:04 schrieb Jano Kula:
> Printable PDF above the programme. Be aware the program is still in
> development: http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.pdf

Thank you, but every day on a single page is a bit too much paper...

BTW: Looks like Excel - would look better with ConTeXt ;-)
Sorry for nagging.

@ 2010-08-12 16:56         ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-08-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 08/12/2010 05:31 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2010-08-12 um 17:04 schrieb Jano Kula:
>> Printable PDF above the programme. Be aware the program is still in
>> development: http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/programme.pdf
>
> Thank you, but every day on a single page is a bit too much paper...
>
> BTW: Looks like Excel - would look better with ConTeXt ;-)
> Sorry for nagging.

It is an exercise on rearranging pages in mkiv to use less paper. If
still too much, then Read Out Loud in Acrobat Reader.

J.

* Re: ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2007-03-12 19:46 ` Renaud Aubin
From: Renaud Aubin @ 2007-03-12 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Argggh ! What's a pain to miss that !!!

Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
> Hello everybody.
>
> Below you will find the final programme of the ConTeXt User meeting
> that will take place at the end of this month.
>
> I am posting this message because I know some people cannot commit
> themselves too far ahead of time, and we can still allow for one or
> two extra participants, so last-minute registration is still possible
> until the day after tomorrow, at
>       http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/index.htm
>
> Happy TeXing,
>
> Taco
>

> = ConTeXt User Meeting Programme =
>
> == Friday March 23 ==
>
> 12:00 Start of arrivals
> 19:00 Dinner
> 20:00 Taco Hoekwater
>            Tutorial: Writing a ConTeXt module
>
> == Saturday March 24 ==
>
> 08:00 Breakfast
> 09:00 Taco Hoekwater
>            A short history of ConTeXt
> 09:30 Mari Voipio
>            ConTeXting in Windows - a user's view
> 10:15 Patrick Gundlach,
>            ConTeXt integration in the 'Textmate' editor
> 10:30 Break
> 11:00 Patrick Gundlach
>            Creating a Pdf document, the hard way
> 11:30 Thomas A. Schmitz
>            Classical greek with ConTeXt
> 12:00 Idris Samawi Hamid
>            A short introduction to Critical Editions
> 12:15 Idris Samawi Hamid and Thomas A. Schmitz
>            Discussion: Steps needed to expand ConTeXt to the demands of
>            Critical Edition typesetting
> 13:00 Lunch
> 14:00 Sanjoy Mahajan
>            Typesetting a physics textbook with ConTeXt
> 14:30 Mojca Miklavec
>            Discussion: Documentation
> 15:30 Break
> 16:00 Willi Egger
>            Tutorial: Page layout and arrangements, posters
> 18:30 Dinner
> 20:00 Hans Hagen
>            Tutorial: XML
>
> == Sunday March 25 ==
>
> 08:00 Breakfast
> 09:00 Idris Samawi Hamid
>            Oriental TeX
> 09:30 Duncan Hothersall
>            Using ConTeXt as part of a larger system
> 10:00 Duncan Hothersall
>            Discussion/workshop: ConTeXt as part of a larger system
> 11:00 Break
> 11:30 Hans Hagen and Taco Hoekwater
>            Luatex and ConTeXT MK IV preview
> 12:00 Sanjoy Mahajan
>            Discussion: Quality assurance and Testing
> 12:45 Lunch
> 14:00 Hans Hagen and Taco Hoekwater
>            Tutorial: Working with Lua and ConTeXt MK IV
> 16:00 Break
> 16:30 Arthur Reutenauer
>            An introduction to OpenType fonts
> 17:00 Hans Hagen and Taco Hoekwater
>            Tutorial: Fonts in ConTeXt MK IV
> 19:00 Buffet dinner
>
> == Monday March 26 ==
>
> 08:00 Breakfast
> 10:00 End of departures

[-- Attachment #2: aubin.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Renaud AUBIN
n:AUBIN;Renaud
email;internet:aubin@nibua-r.org
url:http://www.nibua-r.org
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2007-03-12 17:55 ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2007-03-12 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wish I could join you all, it looks like a great programme.
I guess I will have to wait until the videos and transcripts are
released ;)

Dave

* ConTeXt meeting programme
@ 2007-03-12 13:10 Taco Hoekwater