* Typeface - simple example
@ 2010-08-19 13:20 Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I reactivated my interest in Context. A lot changed since
then... so I am became a beginner again. E.g. I don't know / understand how
to use that Typescript-Framework. I tried to build a simple example, but I
do not get it to work.

I crosschecked successfully with simplefonts that the fonts itself are
working (via \simplefont[..]).

In this example I wanted to put the Nimbus Sans fonts on the rm-Definitions
(just to see that it is working).

I like what I was reading in the wiki, examples, posts and manuels about the
Typescript-framework - but can anyone help me to understand it really / help
me to get this simple example to work?

Thanks

------ simple example environment ---

Nimbus fonts are stored under /usr/share/fonts

OSFONTDIR is correct, fonts via mtxrun imported

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all pattern=nimbuss*
shows all the nimbus fonts I used in the example

------ simple example ----------

\enableregime[utf]
\setupencoding[default=uc]

\setupcapitals[sc=yes]

\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Regular]        [nimbussanlregu]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Bold]           [nimbussanlbold]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Italic]         [nimbussanlreguital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Slanted]        [nimbussanlreguital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-BoldItalic]     [nimbussanlboldital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-BoldSlanted]    [nimbussanlboldital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Caps]           [nimbussanlregu]

\starttypescript [Nimbus]
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[rm]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Regular]
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[rm]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Bold]	%here: how to access / define rm,bf?
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[tt]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Italic]
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[ss]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Bold]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[Nimbus]
\setupbodyfont[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor,rm,12pt]

\starttext

Regular

{\it Italic}

{\bf Bold}

{\bi Bold-Italic}

\showbodyfont

\stoptext

* Re: Typeface - simple example
@ 2010-08-21 16:57 ` Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-21 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

finally I figured it out :-)

I entered the working example into the wiki:

	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Simple_Typescript_Example

under »2.2.3 Very simple example of typescript«.

You know the best where to link it inside your wiki so feel free to change
it if you think. Maybe the title also should be changed into »Simple
Typescript / Typeface Example«.

Hope it will helps other.

Ciao