* current head title and current number
@ 2010-08-22 18:35 Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-22 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I need to get the current *section/chapter title and number. I figured out
that \fullstructureheadnumber gives the current number. But I can not figure
out what gives the current head title.

In strc-sec.mkiv I found this comment:

   \def\currentheadtext    {obsolete, use marks}

Is this a hint to use getmarking? I tried

   \getmarking[current]
   \getmarking[currentsection]
   \getmarking[currenthead]

without success. Does anyone know how to access the current title?

* Re: current head title and current number
@ 2010-08-22 18:48 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-22 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 22.08.10 20:35, schrieb Peter Schorsch:
> Hi,
>
> I need to get the current *section/chapter title and number. I figured out
> that \fullstructureheadnumber gives the current number. But I can not figure
> out what gives the current head title.

\fullstructureheadtitle

There are also the two commands

- \placeheadtext and
- \placeheadnumber

Wolfgang

* Re: current head title and current number
@ 2010-08-23  9:06   ` Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-23  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Wolfgang, that helped :-)

Only one additional question occured with that solution:

I am trying to use unnumbered chapters/sections and recognized that
\fullstructureheadnumber gives the number of the chapter/section before
instead of giving back and empty string:

\chapter{abc} >> \fullstructureheadnumber -> 1
\chapter{abc} >> \fullstructureheadnumber -> 2
\title{abc} >> \fullstructureheadnumber -> 2 (instead of an empty string)
\chapter{abc} >> \fullstructureheadnumber -> 3

(\placeheadnumber only returns (chapter and title) an empty string)

Is there a way to solve this?

* Re: current head title and current number
@ 2010-08-23 12:46     ` Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-23 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I figured out that \fullstructureheadnumber returns inside a backmatter nil.
So it works for my own needs.

I do not know if the reported return behavior inside a bodymatter or
appendices is correct. But I leave this discussion to the context devs.

Anyways @devs: Thanks for your work! Context became real cool stuff!