* Porting from MkII to MkIV
@ 2010-08-24 19:21 Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-24 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I started to write under MkII a module to number and reference each
paragraph. I got it to work but it was not well done. Now I want to finish
and clean it to upload it on contextgarden for all. But I am stucking at the
port to MkIV.

(Reduced MkII Version):

\definenumber[paraNumber]
\setuphead[chapter,section,subsection,subsubsection]
[after={\resetnumber[paraNumber]}]

\def\StartPara[#1]%
	{\getparameters[tmp][heading=,mark=,#1]%
	\incrementnumber[paraNumber]%
	\inothermargin{\tfx\getnumber[paraNumber]~}%
	\doifnot{\tmpheading}{}{\inmargin{\tmpheading}}%
	\doifnot{\tmpmark}{}{\expanded{\textreference[\tmpmark]{XXX
/\getnumber[paraNumber]}}}%
	}
\def\StopPara%
	{\blank[medium]}

\starttext

\chapter{Alter novom}

\StartPara[heading={lorem ipsum},mark=test]
Lorem ipsum ...
\StopPara

\StartPara
Lorem ipsum \in[test]
\StopPara

\stoptext

XXX stands for an already ported part that works. I have two problems I do
not know how to solve:

- the line starting with inothermargin gives back in mkii always the correct
number form: n (always latin numbers). In mkiv it gives back m.n. Also in
mkiv: inside bodymatter the numbers are latin number e.g. 1.2 and inside
appendecies latin letters and numbers, e.g. A.II.
What needs to be change in my module to get the old mkii behavior back?

- There must be a problem in the last line: as soon I use my mark option I
get following error:

! Use of \dovspacingyes doesn't match its definition.
\doifnextoptionalelse ...\nextoptionalcommandyes {
                                                  #1}\def
\nextoptionalcomma...
<argument> ...ference [\tmpmark ]{XXX /\getnumber
                                                  [paraNumber]}
\expanded ...\long \xdef \@@expanded {\noexpand #1
                                                  }\@@expanded
l.18 \StartPara[mark=test]

Does anyone know how to solve/port this to mkiv?

Thanks for your help

* Re: Porting from MkII to MkIV
@ 2010-08-24 19:43 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-24 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 24.08.10 21:21, schrieb Peter Schorsch:
> Hi,
>
> I started to write under MkII a module to number and reference each
> paragraph. I got it to work but it was not well done. Now I want to finish
> and clean it to upload it on contextgarden for all. But I am stucking at the
> port to MkIV.
>
> (Reduced MkII Version):
>
> \definenumber[paraNumber]
> \setuphead[chapter,section,subsection,subsubsection]
> [after={\resetnumber[paraNumber]}]
>
> \def\StartPara[#1]%
> 	{\getparameters[tmp][heading=,mark=,#1]%
> 	\incrementnumber[paraNumber]%
> 	\inothermargin{\tfx\getnumber[paraNumber]~}%
> 	\doifnot{\tmpheading}{}{\inmargin{\tmpheading}}%
> 	\doifnot{\tmpmark}{}{\expanded{\textreference[\tmpmark]{XXX
> /\getnumber[paraNumber]}}}%
> 	}
> \def\StopPara%
> 	{\blank[medium]}
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Alter novom}
>
> \StartPara[heading={lorem ipsum},mark=test]
> Lorem ipsum ...
> \StopPara
>
> \StartPara
> Lorem ipsum \in[test]
> \StopPara
>
> \stoptext
>
> XXX stands for an already ported part that works. I have two problems I do
> not know how to solve:
>
> - the line starting with inothermargin gives back in mkii always the correct
> number form: n (always latin numbers). In mkiv it gives back m.n. Also in
> mkiv: inside bodymatter the numbers are latin number e.g. 1.2 and inside
> appendecies latin letters and numbers, e.g. A.II.
> What needs to be change in my module to get the old mkii behavior back?
>
> - There must be a problem in the last line: as soon I use my mark option I
> get following error:
>
> ! Use of \dovspacingyes doesn't match its definition.
> \doifnextoptionalelse ...\nextoptionalcommandyes {
>                                                    #1}\def
> \nextoptionalcomma...
> <argument>  ...ference [\tmpmark ]{XXX /\getnumber
>                                                    [paraNumber]}
> \expanded ...\long \xdef \@@expanded {\noexpand #1
>                                                    }\@@expanded
> l.18 \StartPara[mark=test]
>

> Does anyone know how to solve/port this to mkiv?

\definenumber[PARANUMBER][way=bysection,prefixsegments=100]

\unexpanded\def\startPARA
   {\dosingleempty\dostartPARA}

\def\dostartPARA[#1]%
   {\getrawparameters[PARA][heading=,mark=,#1]%
    \incrementnumber[PARANUMBER]%
    \inothermargin{\tfx\getnumber[PARANUMBER]~}%
    \doifsomething\PARAheading{\inmargin{\PARAheading}}%
    \doifsomething\PARAmark
{\textreference[\PARAmark]{XXX/\rawnumber[PARANUMBER]}}%
    \ignorespaces}

\unexpanded\def\stopPARA
   {\blank[medium]}

Wolfgang

* Re: Porting from MkII to MkIV
@ 2010-08-24 22:23   ` Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-24 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Wolfgang! Your source code looks a lot different than mine... there
are some commands I have not seen before... so I have to learn :-)

Unluckily I still get an error message:

! Use of \startPARA doesn't match its definition.
l.21 \startPARA[
                heading={lorem ipsum},mark=test]

What did I wrong?

------------8<--------------

@ 2010-08-25 20:44     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-25 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 25.08.10 00:23, schrieb Peter Schorsch:
> Thanks Wolfgang! Your source code looks a lot different than mine... there
> are some commands I have not seen before... so I have to learn :-)

Works here without problems.

MTXrun | current version: 2010.08.25 11:13

Wolfgang

* Re: Porting from MkII to MkIV
@ 2010-08-26 13:58       ` Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2010-08-26 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I used the context from the ubuntu repository. So I switched to context-
minimals current-version.... and viola it works here too

Thanks