* enumeration counters, way=bysection
@ 2010-11-25  8:54 Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2010-11-25  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi!

I want to have the following (Theorems and Lemmas share the counter,
way=bysection):

Section 1. Foo

Theorem 1.1 Bar
Lemma 1.2 Baz

Section 2. Foo

Theorem 2.1 Bar
Lemma 2.2 Baz

The following used to work about a month or two ago.

\setupenumerations[way=bysection]
\newcounter\theorems
\defineenumeration[thm]
[text=Theorem,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=theorems]
\defineenumeration[lem]
[text=Lemma,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=theorems]
\starttext
\dorecurse{5}{
\section{Foo}
\startthm
Bar
\stopthm
\startlem
Baz
\stoplem
}
\stoptext

Today the counter doesn't reset, i.e. I get Theorem 2.3, Lemma 2.4, Theorem
3.5 etc. How can I fix it?

* Re: enumeration counters, way=bysection
@ 2010-11-25  9:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-11-25  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.11.2010 um 09:54 schrieb Yury G. Kudryashov:

> The following used to work about a month or two ago.
>
> \setupenumerations[way=bysection]
> \newcounter\theorems
> \defineenumeration[thm]
> [text=Theorem,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=theorems]
> \defineenumeration[lem]
> [text=Lemma,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=theorems]

\newcounter has nothing to do with enumeration counter the counter key expects
the name from another enumeration, e.g. „thm“

\defineenumeration[thm][text=Theorem,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section]
\defineenumeration[lem][text=Lemma,  prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=thm]

Wolfgang

* Re: enumeration counters, way=bysection
@ 2010-11-25 14:45   ` Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2010-11-25 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 25.11.2010 um 09:54 schrieb Yury G. Kudryashov:
>
>> The following used to work about a month or two ago.
>>
>> \setupenumerations[way=bysection]
>> \newcounter\theorems
>> \defineenumeration[thm]
>> [text=Theorem,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=theorems]
>> \defineenumeration[lem]
>> [text=Lemma,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=section,counter=theorems]
>
> \newcounter has nothing to do with enumeration counter the counter key
> expects the name from another enumeration, e.g. „thm“
Thanks!