* Unwanted spaces removing
@ 2010-12-07 11:56 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-12-07 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXist,
For some reason I need to use \placefigure environment in such a way
that no space
are before and after this environment  (eg space for image caption under
image).
I want to hit as a result of using \externalfigure separately only. Can
this be arranged? I tried \removelastskip, \removeunwantedspaces  etc,
but without success.

Thanks Jaroslav.

Here is my example ...

\starttext

\input knuth

% here is no blank in PDF document

\externalfigure[cow]

% here is no blank in PDF document

\input knuth

% <- Here is blank before image and I can remove it, so it was like in
the previous example

\placefigure[here]{none}{\externalfigure[cow]}

% <- Here is blank under image (for caption of figure) and I can remove
it, so it was like in the previous example

\input tufte

\stoptext

* Re: Unwanted spaces removing
@ 2010-12-07 12:09 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-12-07 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 07 2010, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:

> For some reason I need to use \placefigure environment in such a way
> that no space
> are before and after this environment  (eg space for image caption
> under image).

\setupfloats[spacebefore=none, spaceafter=none]
\starttext
\input knuth
\placefigure[here, none]{}{\externalfigure[cow]}
\input tufte
\stoptext

Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Unwanted spaces removing
@ 2010-12-07 13:55   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-12-07 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great. How easy!!! It works very well now!
I have gaps in basic knowledges ...

Thanx very much to Peter !!!

Jaroslav Hajtmar

@ 2010-12-09 11:19     ` Johannes Graumann