* query about referring to pdf attachments
@ 2011-05-23 15:55 Jesse Alama
From: Jesse Alama @ 2011-05-23 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Can one refer to PDF attachments as though they were local files?

I'd like to treat the PDF as a kind of rudimentary filesystem.
Whatever is attached to the PDF can be found under the "root directory"
of the PDF.  One could then place hyperlinks to these files which, when
followed, cause an attachment to be opened (say, a music player, a web
browser, etc.).  Ideally, one would be able to do something like this:

\useattachment[my-video][my-video.mpg]
\attachment[my-video]
\useURL[my-video-url][file:///my-video.mpg][][Awesome Video]
\starttext
Follow the link to \from[my-video-url]!
\stoptext

The "file:///my-video.mpg" URI is a guess; the idea is to somehow refer
to a file placed in the PDF's "filesystem".

Jesse

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-05-23 15:55 UTC | newest]