* Re: Re: cygwin/tetex or miktex?
@ 2004-10-11  4:34 rb
From: rb @ 2004-10-11  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Patrick Gundlach" <patrick@gundla.ch> writes:

> Hello rb,
>
>> Is one of these two preferable when running ConTeXt on windows?
>
> please don't use the subject alone, it is confusing.

Hello Patrick,

Good point, thanks for the reminder and thanks for the suggestions.

> You can also use fptex (or texlive). I'd prefer fptex over miktex over
> tetex/cygwin. But I am not the person to ask, since I haven't seen a
> windows system in a while. Just my impression from reading some
> mailing lists and news groups. You might think of posting your
> experience to this list.

If I have any experiences worth sharing, I shall certainly do so.

Thank-you

* Re: Re: cygwin/tetex or miktex?
@ 2004-10-10 21:07   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-10-10 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> You can also use fptex (or texlive). I'd prefer fptex over miktex over
> tetex/cygwin. But I am not the person to ask, since I haven't seen a
> windows system in a while.

But you're right. I use TeXlive with ConTeXt on WinXP at work (and on
MacOS X at home).

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/