Hello! The simple Metapost code that follows worked fine until upgrading to recent beta. I don't have a clue exactly when this behaviour was introduced since I switched just recently from the standard Texlive version available in Arch Linux. \starttext \startMPcode draw externalfigure "test.pdf" scaled 10mm; \stopMPcode \stoptext Now it produces a graphic with size of approximately 110 mm at least in my system with various test files which previously scaled just fine.. Any help is greatly appreciated. -Thorsten S.