* section head number
@ 2009-08-15 15:29 epsilon cygni
From: epsilon cygni @ 2009-08-15 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi,

I need to place a 'dot' in front of every section and subsection head
number, for example, section '2.3' must be displayed as section '2.3.'

How can I add this dot?

Thanks in advance.

--
ana

* Re: section head number
@ 2009-08-15 17:08 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-08-15 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 17:29, epsilon cygni wrote:
> hi,
>
> I need to place a 'dot' in front of every section and subsection head
> number, for example, section '2.3' must be displayed as section '2.3.'
>
> How can I add this dot?

In MKII or MKIV? In MKII you can do the following:

\setuphead
  [section]
  [numbercommand=\mynumberwithcomma]
\def\mynumberwithcomma#1{#1.}

MKIV has a finer control over sectioning, so you should better use
that solution (but I don't know it by heart).

Mojca

* Re: section head number
@ 2009-08-15 17:24   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-08-15 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.08.2009 um 19:08 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> MKIV has a finer control over sectioning, so you should better use
> that solution (but I don't know it by heart).

You can write in MkIV \setupheads[sectionstopper={.}] :)

Wolfgang

* Re: section head number
@ 2009-08-15 19:33   ` epsilon cygni
From: epsilon cygni @ 2009-08-15 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 17:29, epsilon cygni wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I need to place a 'dot' in front of every section and subsection head
> > number, for example, section '2.3' must be displayed as section '2.3.'
> >
> > How can I add this dot?
>
> In MKII or MKIV? In MKII you can do the following:
>
> \setuphead
>   [section]
>   [numbercommand=\mynumberwithcomma]
> \def\mynumberwithcomma#1{#1.}
>
> MKIV has a finer control over sectioning, so you should better use
> that solution (but I don't know it by heart).
>
> Mojca

Great this works! :) I need as well an appended dot in front of every figure and
table number, i.e 'Figure 2.3.' instead of 'Figure 2.3' How can I append the dot?

Thanks!

--
ana

* Re: section head number