From: Bruce <bdarcus@gmail.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: presentation (simple-slides?) master-like feature?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:32:49 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz <at> uni-bonn.de> writes:

> Bruce,
>
> very briefly: I'm very very short on time this week, so won't be able
> to look into this until middle of next week,

OK; feel free to get back to me as time permits, here or off-list (I
don't often check this list).

> but I just wanted to let
> you know that I find your idea great. I had been thinking of adding an
> xml template for simple presentations. your html-based stuff looks
> gorgeous, so I would like to know more about it.

It's just a JQuery-based version of S5, called S6. My fork of it is here:

<http://github.com/bdarcus/s6>

The background image is just a simple, very small, SVG gradient.

I author in markdown, run the file through pandoc to convert to XHTML
(though any markdown processor will do), and then pipe it to an XSLT
that converts it into my (idiosyncratic) S6 XHTML.

> And let us know what
> exactly it is that you're missing in simple-slides.

Am looking to be able to (easily) do something vaguely like ...

\SlideTitle{Some Slide}[style=big-title]

.. where 'big-title' gets me the title large and centered
vertically on the page.

More generally, it's just the idea to be able to adept the
rendering on a per-page basis with a simple parameter (rather than
me having to figure out how to write lower-level code). It is
therefore conceptually analogous to the master slide feature you
see in apps like Keynote or PowerPoint.

Bruce