* Current Commands/Columns
@ 2011-06-26 21:06 H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-26 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Is there some sort of guide to which commands are still used in ConTeXt or a
latest edition of the main manual? I downloaded a bunch of manuals
from the main website to learn from, and some of the commands aren't
affecting my output. I'm particularly confused about how to create
and setup columns. I've read about using

\setuplayout[columns=somenumber] with \layoutcolumnoffset{somecolumn},

\setupcolumns with \start, \stopcolumns, and \column, and

\setlayer[text][column=1]{some text}
(which doesn't seem to work at all) in the style guide.

* Re: Current Commands/Columns
@ 2011-06-26 21:22 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2011-06-26 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2011-06-26 <21:06:45>, H. Hodges wrote:
> Is there some sort of guide to which commands are still used in ConTeXt or a
> latest edition of the main manual?

There’s a sort-of reference maintained by Wolfgang:

  https://bitbucket.org/wolfs/commands

in addition to the reference on the wiki:

  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Reference/en

and the latest manual:

  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/manual_being_revised

.

>                                    I downloaded a bunch of manuals
> from the main website to learn from, and some of the commands aren't
> affecting my output. I'm particularly confused about how to create
> and setup columns. I've read about using

Have you consulted the wiki page?

  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns

> \setuplayout[columns=somenumber] with \layoutcolumnoffset{somecolumn},
>
> \setupcolumns with \start, \stopcolumns, and \column, and
>
> \setlayer[text][column=1]{some text}
> (which doesn't seem to work at all) in the style guide.

Can you please provide a minimal example as to how you invoked
the above commands?

Regards, Philipp

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: Current Commands/Columns
@ 2011-06-26 21:36   ` H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-26 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Philipp Gesang <gesang <at> stud.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:

> Regards, Philipp

Thanks! I got so bogged down in looking at three different manuals that I forgot
about the web command reference. What I have now looks better than it did before
so I'm going to try and hammer it out some more before I post again.