* Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14  8:20 Edwin Wisse
From: Edwin Wisse @ 2003-10-14  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
a context document.  The original reference to the cwebmac.tex file (the
plain
TeX macro) is commented out and replaced by \usemodule[cweb]. The cweb
macros appear to expand something into \*11ptmmmt* which seems to have
something to do with it.
Is there anyone here with experience and deep (Con)TeX(t) knowledge who
understands what is happening?

Regards, Edwin
----------------------------------part of my log
file------------------------------------------------
Overfull \hbox (6.4885pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 3--13
\*11ptmmmr* for the ap-pli-ca-tion de-vel-op-ment mod-ule. This is a
small ap-p
li-ca-tion which loads file

\hbox(7.63889+2.13889)x398.33858
.\*11ptmmmr* f
.\*11ptmmmr* o
.\*11ptmmmr* r
.\glue(\spaceskip) 3.66628
.\*11ptmmmr* t
.etc.

Overfull \hbox (8.38132pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 3--13
\*11ptmmmr* with point and line da-ta and dis-plays it in a win-dow. It
pro-vid
es a us-er in-ter-face al-

\hbox(7.63889+2.13889)x398.33858
.\*11ptmmmr* w
.\*11ptmmmr* i
.\*11ptmmmr* t
.\*11ptmmmr* h
.\glue(\spaceskip) 3.66628
.etc.

* Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14  8:54 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-14  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
> a context document.

I don't really understand your question. You have overfull boxes in
your TeX run. That is a "normal" TeX feature. They can usually be
avoided. But in your case I guess that it is something which you
cannot avoid. But how should we know? I guess that the cweb module is
not that commonly used. So you might be better of and supply a
minimal (!) but complete (!) example.

Patrick

--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14 13:16   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-14 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:54 14/10/2003, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
> > I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
> > a context document.
>
>I don't really understand your question. You have overfull boxes in
>your TeX run. That is a "normal" TeX feature. They can usually be
>avoided. But in your case I guess that it is something which you
>cannot avoid. But how should we know? I guess that the cweb module is
>not that commonly used. So you might be better of and supply a
>minimal (!) but complete (!) example.

it may be a result of many unbreakable (key)words, so in that case try:

\setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]

Hans

* Re: Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14 13:55     ` Edwin Wisse
From: Edwin Wisse @ 2003-10-14 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> it may be a result of many unbreakable (key)words, so in that case try:
>
> \setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
>
> Hans

It seems to be caused by the fact that \hbox is used frequently in
m-cweb.tex.
\hbox-es are unbreakable aren't they? Anyway your solution results in plenty
of underfull boxes (as can be expected) and a much better looking result.

Many thanks,
Edwin

* Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2016-01-27  7:14     ` Ibn Saeed
From: Ibn Saeed @ 2016-01-27  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma <at> wxs.nl> writes:

> it may be a result of many unbreakable (key)words, so in that case try:
>
> \setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
>
> Hans

Thanks Hans, I was having some issue with overfull boxe in one paragraph, i
applied your command and it solved the issue.

* Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
       [not found] <20031014100007.13100.8233.Mailman@ref.ntg.nl>
@ 2003-10-14 11:33 ` Edwin Wisse
From: Edwin Wisse @ 2003-10-14 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Grundlach wrote:

>>I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
>>a context document.
>>
>I don't really understand your question. You have overfull boxes in
>your TeX run. That is a "normal" TeX feature. They can usually be
>avoided. But in your case I guess that it is something which you
>cannot avoid. But how should we know? I guess that the cweb module is
>not that commonly used. So you might be better of and supply a
>minimal (!) but complete (!) example.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
My problem is the fact that line breaks look fine in the "normal" part of
the document but in the weaved (cweb) part line breaking goes wrong.
Many words extend into the right margin.
I have a weaved cweb file called assignment.tex. It is included in the main
document using the standard cweb module in Context:
\usemodule[cweb]
...and....
\processCWEBsource assignment
To give you an idea what assignment.tex looks like:
% \input cwebmac

\N{1}{1}Dr Snow map display package.  This display program is a Unigis
assignment for the application development module.  This is a small
application which loads file with point and line data and displays it
in a window.
Nothing surprising there. The output looks fine, except for the words
extending
into the right margin. The problem only occurs in the weaved part of the
document so it is a safe bet it is somehow caused by the cweb macros

Edwin