* mag problem
@ 2007-07-06 15:19 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-07-06 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I try to use \mag in a document, but I fail:

\mag=700
\starttext
\input tufte
\stoptext

gives me

! Incompatible magnification (700);
 the previous value will be retained (1000).

Any way to get \mag to work?

Patrick

* Re: mag problem
@ 2007-07-06 15:32 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-07-06 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>:

> Hi,
>
> I try to use \mag in a document, but I fail:
>
> \mag=700
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>

> gives me
>
> ! Incompatible magnification (700);
> the previous value will be retained (1000).
>
> Any way to get \mag to work?

Just curious as to why do you need mag? Can't you achieve the same
visual effect using \setupbodyfont[...] or \setuppapersize?

Aditya

* Re: mag problem
@ 2007-07-06 16:02   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-07-06 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Quoting Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to use \mag in a document, but I fail:
>>
>> \mag=700
>> \starttext
>> \input tufte
>> \stoptext
>>

>> gives me
>>
>> ! Incompatible magnification (700);
>> the previous value will be retained (1000).
>>
>> Any way to get \mag to work?

Probably because of the .top file setting up some value
that prevents subsequent changes to the magnification.
(\setupoutput maybe)

Taco

* Re: mag problem
@ 2007-07-07 10:28   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-07-07 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[...]

>> Any way to get \mag to work?
>
> Just curious as to why do you need mag? Can't you achieve the same
> visual effect using \setupbodyfont[...] or \setuppapersize?

Probably yes, but too much thinking involved. For my purpose it is
even feasible to use convert (imagemagick) to scale down the result to
75%. I need a png anyway.

Patrick