* texshow-web (was: colors without \definecolor)
@ 2010-02-05  8:00 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2010-02-05  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list and Patrick,

from texshow-web page ( http://texshow.contextgarden.net/ ) I read

"texshow-web is a web application for all user-commands that can be
used in ConTeXt."

However, I see that \colored is not inthere. This is also true for
some other commands appearing at this list occasionally (usually dug
from source by Wolfgang). Is this because

1) the texshow is not updated?
2) these commands are "not meant" for users?
3) any other reason?

I think the texshow-web is a very useful source of information. An
updated version would be really wonderful!

/Mikael

From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-05  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-2-2010 9:00, Mikael Persson wrote:

> 3) any other reason?

it's a rather recently added command

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-02-05 15:20   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2010-02-05 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for you answer, Hans.

Do they appear automatically in texshow or does someone have to update
by hand? How long does it typically take? Is there something one can
do?

Mikael

@ 2010-02-05 17:31     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-05 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-2-2010 16:20, Mikael Persson wrote:
> Thanks for you answer, Hans.
>
> Do they appear automatically in texshow or does someone have to update
> by hand? How long does it typically take? Is there something one can
> do?

if something is missing one can create the xml blob that has to go into
the cont-en.xml file and send it to the list (for verification) and when
ok it will be added to the main cont-en.xml

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: texshow-web
@ 2010-02-06 16:01     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2010-02-06 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Mikael,

> Do they appear automatically in texshow or does someone have to update
> by hand? How long does it typically take? Is there something one can
> do?

I will transfer the old texshow-web into the wiki, so the new commands
can be added there easily. Jelle Huisman has suggested this and I think
it is the best way for all of us to keep the commands up to date.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: texshow-web
@ 2006-07-19 19:16   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2006-07-19 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Peter (and Taco and others),

> if I update some description in texshow-web, will it then appear
> automatically in the normal texshow of the next ConTeXt-release?

I didn't think of _that_ question. I guess Taco and I have to figure
that out, but I suppose the answer is currently no, but will be yes in
the near future.

Patrick
--

@ 2006-07-19 17:17 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-07-19 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: patrick

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> I've updated texshow-web. It's a complete rewrite. This is now
> database driven and I have tried hard to preserve all comments and
> examples from the old texshow-web. Please report any errors
> (preferrable include me in cc: if you post them on the list).
>
> Please fill in descriptions for the commands! Other contexters will
> find this useful. You can now use most of the mediawiki wiki markup
> for editing the descriptions. See the help page for more information.

Hello Patrick,
if I update some description in texshow-web, will it then appear
automatically in the normal texshow of the next ConTeXt-release?
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: texshow-web
@ 2006-07-18 19:01 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-07-18 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've updated texshow-web. It's a complete rewrite. This is now
> database driven and I have tried hard to preserve all comments and
> examples from the old texshow-web. Please report any errors
> (preferrable include me in cc: if you post them on the list).
>
> Please fill in descriptions for the commands! Other contexters will
> find this useful. You can now use most of the mediawiki wiki markup
> for editing the descriptions. See the help page for more information.

The help page does not work.

Aditya

* texshow-web
@ 2006-07-18 18:47 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2006-07-18 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

(I almost forgot the url: <http://texshow.contextgarden.net>)
--

@ 2005-02-03 13:54     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-02-03 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

> how about simple xml

to typeset the examples within ConTeXt?

Patrick
(then I really have to look into xslt again)

--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: texshow-web
@ 2005-02-03 11:38     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-02-03 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Vit,

> OK, Patrick, link is a sufficient solution. Thank you. So I change the
> content
> http://texshow.contextgarden.net/ts.rb?lang=en&what=desc&if=en&cmd=setuplayout
>
> Can you check if the link syntax is correct?

It looks good. Seems to work OK.

Patrick
(and thanks again for your contribution)

--

@ 2005-02-03 10:55 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-02-03 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Vit,

> I added one third (only one third but most important one since
> analogy;-) of \setuplayout command to tewshow-web.

Thank you for the start.

Currently (as you have seen), the text fields take only plain text. If
you would like it, I could make wiki links active, like
[wiki:Main_Page]. This should be pretty easy. The next step could be
to use one of the ruby's wiki-markup parsers, but they are
incompatible with the contextgarden wiki syntax. So (in the long
term), I would have to create my own interpreter. This would take me
some time. Should I start and make the [...] link active?

Patrick
--

@ 2005-02-02 21:13 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-02-02 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Patrick,

I added one third (only one third but most important one since
analogy;-) of \setuplayout command to tewshow-web. To be more
descriptive I snaffled table of page areas from wiki. Unfortunately
comment field seems not to be html sensitive (see
http://texshow.contextgarden.net/ts.rb?lang=en&what=desc&if=en&cmd=setuplayout)

Is there some chance to display the table here or it is better to refer
to the wiki page (http://contextgarden.net/Layout)?

Vit Zyka

* texshow-web
@ 2004-08-04 10:21       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-08-04 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Taco,

> This also raises another problem: what to do if the syntax
>definition is wrong?
>
> The very first definition is wrong: \about's syntax  is
> 	\about [ref]
> not
> 	\about {text} [ref]
>
> I fixed that in the garden, but will that new definition be destroyed at the
> next automatic update?

No, it won't. If it does, it it clearly an error. (I was a bit lying,
the update is semi automatic, my script gives me the choice of using
the changed entry on the webserver or the new one in cont-en.xml).

> (my change also didn't update the display, btw.)

This is clearly an error that should not happen. I'll look into it
this week.

Thanks for the report.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net
texshow-web:  http://texshow.contextgarden.net

* texshow-web
@ 2003-10-25 18:25     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-25 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

> This looks indeed nice and promising, its fast and may be a good
> solution for beginners and literates.
> Most valuable will be descriptions and examples. I added just the
> first example... \translate

Great! I am making backups on a daily base now. Good examples can
make life a bit easier. I feel it frustrating to know that a certain
thing will be the right thing for me but I don't how to use it.

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* texshow-web
@ 2003-10-24 16:56   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-24 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed L Cashin <ecashin@uga.edu> writes:

> I am brave.  This looks very nice!

Thanks.

> It reminds me of something I've been wondering for a while, though.
> Why are certain commands, like startitemize, absent from the list of
> texshow commands?

because the provided list is not perfect yet. \startitemize is a
generated command from \defineitemgroup. So the command to lookup is
\startitemgroup.

In my opinion there should be a link from \startitemize to
\startitemgroup, because \startitemize is in the core ConTeXt.

\section for example is (iirc) also generated, but listed in texshow.

> Is there a way to add commands to the web version?

Not yet. texshow-web will provide an interface soon.

I am thinking about a textarea on the html pages so you can upload
something like:

  <cd:command name="dosetuppageview">
    <cd:sequence>
      <cd:string value="dosetuppageview"/>
    <cd:/sequence>
    <cd:arguments>
      <cd:keywords>
	<cd:constant type="standard"/>
	<cd:constant type="width"/>
	<cd:constant type="height"/>
	<cd:constant type="unknown"/>
      <cd:/keywords>
    <cd:/arguments>
  <cd:/command>

I'll also provide an relax NG schema for this. (The data I get from
Hans is in the same format.)

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* texshow-web
@ 2003-10-19 18:46 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-19 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Yes, it\'s great!

thank you.

> It would be nice to have a short description for each command - I
> know, there is the documentation from Hans - but it would be
> comfortable to have the description in texshow.

Well, that is exactly what I am trying to achieve: to have
descriptions of all important commands. But that is up to the users
of texshow-web to supply these.

Perhaps "comment" is not enough. Do you think that it is wise to have
editable fields for comment and description and examples?

Patrick