* Integrating Metapost
@ 2003-10-30  7:44 Lutz Haseloff
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2003-10-30  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo all,

Running texexec on a ConTeXt-file with integrated
METAPOST-Graphics METAPOST complains about:

---------------------------

! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).
<to be read again>
                    ;
l.218 local_multi_par_area:=false;
?
---------------------------

and stops.

There are no duplicate ConTeXt mp-files on this
machine.

The same file works on another Computer.

What can the error be?

Greetings Lutz

* Re: Integrating Metapost
@ 2003-10-30 12:54 ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-10-30 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

> l.218 local_multi_par_area:=false;
Presuming that the line is in your file as written I think you need a line
earlier which says
 boolean local_multi_par_area;
--
Nigel

* Re: Integrating Metapost
@ 2003-10-30 15:30 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-30 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lutz Haseloff <Lutz.Haseloff@lbapdm.brandenburg.de> writes:

> What can the error be?

anything. Perhaps an out of sync ConTeXt and metafun version. Please
regenerate metafun and ConTeXt formats, make a simple test file, run
it, double check that the versions are OK and if the error persist,
please post a minimal (but complete) testfile with logfile! Not just
the error.

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Integrating Metapost
@ 2003-10-30 17:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-30 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:44 30/10/2003, you wrote:
>Hallo all,
>
>Running texexec on a ConTeXt-file with integrated
>METAPOST-Graphics METAPOST complains about:
>
>---------------------------
>
>! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).

looks like an old version of metafun with a new version of context; make
sure that the metafun macros are in metapost/context/base (and not in one
of the parent  directories) and regenerate the format (texexec --make
--alone metafun)

Hans

* Re: Integrating Metapost
@ 2003-10-30 23:40   ` Andres Loeh
From: Andres Loeh @ 2003-10-30 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).
>
> looks like an old version of metafun with a new version of context; make
> sure that the metafun macros are in metapost/context/base (and not in one
> of the parent  directories) and regenerate the format (texexec --make
> --alone metafun)

This seems to be a very common problem. Isn't it possible
to integrate a check into the metafun code so that a more
helpful error message is produced in case of a format
version mismatch?

Groeten,
  Andres

--

Andres Loeh, Universiteit Utrecht

mailto:andres@cs.uu.nl     mailto:mail@andres-loeh.de
http://www.andres-loeh.de

* Re: Integrating Metapost
@ 2003-10-31 10:55     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-31 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andres Loeh <andres@cs.uu.nl> writes:

Hello Andres,

> This seems to be a very common problem. Isn't it possible
> to integrate a check into the metafun code so that a more
> helpful error message is produced in case of a format
> version mismatch?

That would be good. Just as an example, one can do this in LaTeX:

\NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}[1995/12/01]
(there are a few related commands)

so you can make sure to have LaTeX2e newer than the given date.

But I don't know how to get the metafun format number. One can't pass
mpost variables back to TeX?

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!