* NTG-Context, Robots and Privacy ..
@ 2004-12-17 20:25 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-12-17 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Because of my mails on the archive, the search engine robots got my email
adress, blablabla ...

I have contacted google and this is their answer:

Thank you for your note. In order to remove content from Google's index,
the webmaster must either change the content of the page itself or use a
robots.txt file or meta tags to block us from including the site in our
search results.

Since you are not the webmaster of this site, please contact the webmaster
with your request. Once he removes the page or changes its content, our
search results will automatically reflect this change in a matter of
weeks.

Regards,
The Google Team

Am not sure wether it is Patrick who deals with this ...

Many thanks.

* Re: NTG-Context, Robots and Privacy ..
@ 2004-12-17 21:06 ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2004-12-17 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Dirar BOUGATEF <chabah5@hotmail.com> [Dec 17, 2004 21:30]:
> Because of my mails on the archive, the search engine robots got my
> email adress, blablabla ...

> I have contacted google and this is their answer:

> Thank you for your note. In order to remove content from Google's
> index, the webmaster must either change the content of the page itself
> or use a robots.txt file or meta tags to block us from including the
> site in our search results.

Well, if it's already out there, there's really not much to do about it,
right?  Anyway, consider getting a new mail account, perhaps on Gmail or
other, it seems to have a good spam filter.  Otherwise you may try
www.fastmail.fm, I think they're great.  I can give you a Gmail invite
if you would like it (www.gmail.com).  Anyway, spam is inevitable,
mailing-list archive or not.  Furthermore, I have not received any spam
to my context-users email alias so far, so it's strange that it affects
you.

Anyway, good luck with solving the spam issue,
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* Re: NTG-Context, Robots and Privacy ..
@ 2004-12-17 21:34   ` Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-12-17 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Nikolai,

Thanks. Am really looking forward to have the invitation for GMail, cause
actually, i was looking for one ...

My problem is not with spam .. Well not for the moment ..

I just don't want the robots to grab all the things i write, etc. and put it
on their search engine ..

Thanks anyway ...

* Re: NTG-Context, Robots and Privacy ..
@ 2004-12-17 21:42     ` Andreas Kahari
From: Andreas Kahari @ 2004-12-17 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a quick off-topic note from a lurker...

You can saftely assume that anything you send to a mailing list sooner
or later might end up being indexed by a search engine.  This is IMHO
a good thing.  It brings solutions to more people.

If you don't like this, well, don't write anything, ever, to a public
mailing list.

In general, treat emails as postcards.  Assume that everyone can read them.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Kähäri

1024D/C2E163CB

* Re: NTG-Context, Robots and Privacy ..
@ 2004-12-18 22:15   ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2004-12-18 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> mailing-list archive or not.  Furthermore, I have not received any spam
> to my context-users email alias so far, so it's strange that it affects

that's because non members cannot post; there was atiem when i had to discard
hundreds of spams per day, but currently the spam filters are pretty good.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-01-09 14:15 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-01-09 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Dirar,

[...]

> Am not sure wether it is Patrick who deals with this ...

I am obfuscating the email adresses. I doubt that any harvester get
sane addresses from garden.

Patrick

--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net