* [Q] (newbie) typesetting layer to column
@ 2004-03-09 14:47 Rolf Marvin B e Lindgren
From: Rolf Marvin B e Lindgren @ 2004-03-09 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm giving ConTeXt  a first go in typesetting a diploma.

I've figured out that I'd like to try to typeset to a five-column grid.

Most of the stuff should be centered against the third column, while
some stuff should be centered to the second and fourth column.

This makes for a very boring diploma, but that's beside the point at
this stage.

I want 1-inch borders throughout, so before \starttext, I have

\setuplayout[paperheight=29.97cm,paperwidth=21cm,leftmargin=1cm,rightmargin=1cm,header=1cm,footer=1cm,textwidth=19cm,textheight=27.97cm]

(I pretend that marginpars don't exist.  I'm sure they'll come back and
haunt me).

Furthermore, before \starttext, I set up the layers I think I need with

\setuplayout[grid=yes,columndistance=12pt,columns=5]\showgrid
\definelayer [text]
\setupbackgrounds [text] [background=text]

(The showgrid is there because I like to see what I'm doing).  Then I
have, say,

\setlayer[text][column=3,line=7]{Diploma awarded to}

what do I say in order to have the text centered relative to the
column?

and on a sitenote,

I'd like to have a frame around the entire page.  Preferably, I'd like
to be able to place it using numerical coordinates (absolute or
relative, set to a layer or not).  Is this, or something close to it,
possible?

thank you,

--
Rolf Lindgren                                            http://www.roffe.com/
roffe@tag.uio.no

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-03-09 14:47 UTC | newest]