From: "Patrick Gundlach" <patrick@gundla.ch>
Subject: Re: ConTeXt "live"
Date: 2 Dec 2005 22:30:31 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

> In my account, ConTeXt works no prob, I got a perfect PDF.
> My problem occurs when I run ConTeXt via web, under Apache's user of course.
> How to trace ConTeXt run under web server ?

I'd guess it is pretty much impossible to trace under a webserver. Can
you install the same environment on a local computer? Then you could
strace any process.

> No cont-sys.tex file on my ConTeXt installation. I have only
> texmf-local/tex/context/base/cont-sys.ori &
> texmf-local/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme and they are original of
> distribution

As far as I know, cont-sys.ori or ...rme are used as a fallback. And
the diff between the ones in the distribution and the one on
live.contextgarden reveals no significant differences.

>> with that I mean
>>
>> * use setrlimt
>
> Could you tell me more about this ? a TeX setting ? Apache setting ?

Operating Sytem setting. You can use the setrlimit(2) system call to
prevent users from using too many resources, such as disk space or cpu
time or .... See manpage of setrlimit(2). This is why I have written a
c-wrapper that runs texexec, so I can set those limits.

I'd suggest to try to mimic the setup on a local pc and see if you can
get it to work there. It saves so much trouble, because you can access
every file/setting/...

Perhaps this is a problem with php? Did you try running this via cgi?

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net