* interaction with radio buttons
@ 2003-11-01  9:50 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-11-01  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

using the example of radiobuttons in uptodate 1998-01, I fail to get
the buttons interactive. When using the pdf doc with Acrobat Reader,
the buttons are there but the cursor won't give me the finger when
it hovers over them, nor does clicking have any effect.

Is there anything I fail to observe?

Groetjes

Johannes

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupinteraction[state=start]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\useJSscripts[fld]

\definesymbol [yes-a] [$\times$]
\definesymbol [yes-b] [$\star$]
\definesymbol [nop-a] [$\bullet$]
\definesymbol [nop-b] [$-$]

\definefield [example-1] [radio] [setup 1] [ex-a,ex-b,ex-c] [ex-c]
\definesubfield [ex-a,ex-b,ex-c] [setup 1] [yes-a,nop-a]

\clonefield [ex-a] [ex-p] [setup 2] [yes-b,nop-b]
\clonefield [ex-b] [ex-q] [setup 2] [yes-b,nop-b]
\clonefield [ex-c] [ex-r] [setup 2] [yes-b,nop-b]

\copyfield [ex-a] [ex-x]
\copyfield [ex-b] [ex-y]
\copyfield [ex-c] [ex-z]

\setupfield [setup 1] [width=1cm,height=1cm,framecolor=red]
\setupfield [setup 2] [width=.75cm,height=.75cm]

\starttext
\hbox to \hsize
{\field[ex-a]\hfil\field[ex-b]\hfil\field[ex-c]\hfil\hfil
  \field[ex-p]\hfil\field[ex-q]\hfil\field[ex-r]\hfil\hfil
  \field[ex-x]\hfil\field[ex-y]\hfil\field[ex-z]}

\stoptext
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: interaction with radio buttons
@ 2003-11-01 21:50 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-11-01 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Johannes,

> using the example of radiobuttons in uptodate 1998-01, I fail to get
> the buttons interactive. When using the pdf doc with Acrobat Reader,
> the buttons are there but the cursor won't give me the finger when
> it hovers over them, nor does clicking have any effect.

> Is there anything I fail to observe?

I ran the latest ConTeXt on your test document and looked at it with
acrobat reader 5 on MacOS X and everything was fine.

How do you open your document in Acrobat Reader? It makes a
difference whether you open it by File->Open or "Previous View/Back"
after closing the document.

What version of the reader are you using?

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Re: interaction with radio buttons
@ 2003-11-02  5:58   ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-11-02  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> [Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:50:27PM CET]:
> Hello Johannes,

Moin Patrick,

[...]
> I ran the latest ConTeXt on your test document and looked at it with
> acrobat reader 5 on MacOS X and everything was fine.
>
> How do you open your document in Acrobat Reader?

I type "acroread example.pdf" on the shell.

[...]
> What version of the reader are you using?

4.0 x86 linux stout0124

Best

Johannes
--

@ 2003-11-02 10:42     ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-11-02 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

addenda:

Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de> [Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:58:48AM CET]:
[...]
> I type "acroread example.pdf" on the shell.

- Opening the document from Acrobat Reader doesn't make a difference.

- The mwidget-s.pdf document itself works fine.

Greetings

Johannes
--

@ 2003-11-02 10:49     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-11-02 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

>> What version of the reader are you using?
>
> 4.0 x86 linux stout0124

the JavaScript implementation differs from version to version. I
don't have AR 4 here, so I can't test it. Hans has a good overview
about JS and AR.

I don't know what openactions are default, but try these two:

\setupinteraction[state=start,openaction=]
\setupinteraction[state=start,openaction=ResetForm]

(But I have no idea if this has to do with your problem. Just poking around.)

Patrick
--

@ 2003-11-03  9:13       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-03  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:49 02/11/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> >> What version of the reader are you using?
> >
> > 4.0 x86 linux stout0124
>
>the JavaScript implementation differs from version to version. I
>don't have AR 4 here, so I can't test it. Hans has a good overview
>about JS and AR.
>
>I don't know what openactions are default, but try these two:
>
>\setupinteraction[state=start,openaction=]
>\setupinteraction[state=start,openaction=ResetForm]

in most cases i leave openaction empty (or sometimes something
openaction=page(2) or so); the ResetForm is/was sometimes needed if you
want to make sure that widgets are initialized (there is some fuzzy async
initialization in acrobat, imagine that you access page 4 while acrobat in
the background is still initializing form fields as well as the javascript
engine while page 4 has some fields on it that are related to fields
somewhere else in the document)

Hans

* Re: Re: interaction with radio buttons
@ 2003-11-03 19:38       ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-11-03 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> [Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:49:44AM CET]:
[...]
> \setupinteraction[state=start,openaction=]
> \setupinteraction[state=start,openaction=ResetForm]

Neither one makes a difference.

Greetings

Johannes
--

@ 2003-11-12 20:00       ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-11-12 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de> [Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:42:39AM CET]:
> addenda:
>
> Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de> [Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:58:48AM CET]:
> [...]
> > I type "acroread example.pdf" on the shell.
> >

> - Opening the document from Acrobat Reader doesn't make a difference.
>
> - The mwidget-s.pdf document itself works fine.

Opening with Acrobat Reader 5.0 for Windows works fine.