* Avoid system fonts
@ 2014-01-03 12:21 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2014-01-03 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

stuck, I don't know because I interrupted after a very long time at:

fonts           > names > globbing path '/System/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'

How can I avoid that, I don't use system fonts.

Sorry, searching the mail archive is not possible at the moment.

Mac 10.7.5
Context version 2013.11.05 09:50

Thanks, Jörg

* Re: Avoid system fonts
@ 2014-01-03 12:40 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-01-03 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> stuck, I don't know because I interrupted after a very long time at:
>
> fonts           > names > globbing path '/System/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
>
> How can I avoid that, I don't use system fonts.
>
> Sorry, searching the mail archive is not possible at the moment.
>
> Mac 10.7.5
> Context version 2013.11.05 09:50

We just discussed that problem off-list. On my system it's the culprit
of /System/Library/Fonts/LastResort.ttf (you can check that with
"Inspect -> Open files and folders" in Activity Monitor). Taco will
probably modify LuaTeX a bit to avoid the problem.

I managed to use
    export OSFONTDIR=/some/existing/empty/path
but someone probably also needs to figure out why ConTeXt is loading
that font in the first place.

Mojca

* Re: Avoid system fonts
@ 2014-01-03 20:26   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2014-01-03 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Mojca, but I am afraid you have to be more specific.

I created a directory ~/context/beta/empty
I put into .profile OSFONTDIR=Users/bonasa/context/beta/empty
Starting the shell gives:
$echo $OSFONTDIR
Users/bonasa/context/beta/empty

but:

context myfile.tex
gives

fonts           > names > 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path '/Users/bonasa/Library/Fonts'
fonts           > names > 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path '/Library/Fonts'
fonts           > names > 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path '/System/Library/Fonts'

???

Thanks, Jörg

Mojca Miklavec writes:

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
>> stuck, I don't know because I interrupted after a very long time at:
>>
>> fonts           > names > globbing path '/System/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
>>
>> How can I avoid that, I don't use system fonts.
>>
>> Sorry, searching the mail archive is not possible at the moment.
>>
>> Mac 10.7.5
>> Context version 2013.11.05 09:50
>
> We just discussed that problem off-list. On my system it's the culprit
> of /System/Library/Fonts/LastResort.ttf (you can check that with
> "Inspect -> Open files and folders" in Activity Monitor). Taco will
> probably modify LuaTeX a bit to avoid the problem.
>
> I managed to use
>     export OSFONTDIR=/some/existing/empty/path
> but someone probably also needs to figure out why ConTeXt is loading
> that font in the first place.

* Re: Avoid system fonts
@ 2014-01-03 20:34     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2014-01-03 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jan 03 2014, Jörg Hagmann wrote:

> I created a directory ~/context/beta/empty
> I put into .profile OSFONTDIR=Users/bonasa/context/beta/empty

Perhaps better: "export OSFONTDIR=/Users/bonasa/context/beta/empty"
(I don't know Mac...)

--
           Peter

* Re: Avoid system fonts
@ 2014-01-03 20:57       ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2014-01-03 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Fri, Jan 03 2014, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
>
>> I created a directory ~/context/beta/empty
>> I put into .profile OSFONTDIR=Users/bonasa/context/beta/empty
>
> Perhaps better: "export OSFONTDIR=/Users/bonasa/context/beta/empty"
> (I don't know Mac...)

Thank you, but I had tried that also. Context seems to override
variables.

Jörg

* Re: Avoid system fonts
@ 2014-01-03 21:37     ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2014-01-03 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, I replaced line 12213 in "tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun" with:

ossetenv("OSFONTDIR","$HOME/context/beta/empty//")

and that works.  But I hope that the mess will be repaired before I have
to update.

Cheers, Jörg