* LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 16:14 VnPenguin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-04 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
Just recompiled the doc LaTeX2ConTeXt
(http://www.berenddeboer.net/tex/LaTeX2ConTeXt.pdf). The compiling
process is OK under tetex-beta 2.99.4.

But all external links not work! When I click on them, I go to the 1st
page of document.
Internal links work well.

Anyone could help me please.

Thank you in advance,
Quy NGUYEN-DAI

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 16:32 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-04 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Just recompiled the doc LaTeX2ConTeXt
> (http://www.berenddeboer.net/tex/LaTeX2ConTeXt.pdf). The compiling
> process is OK under tetex-beta 2.99.4.
>
> But all external links not work! When I click on them, I go to the 1st
> page of document.
> Internal links work well.

They work well here. I've just tried the document on
live.contextgarden.net, no problems there either. My teTeX is dated
20040711

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 16:39   ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-04 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 Dec 2004 17:32:21 +0100, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:

> They work well here. I've just tried the document on
> live.contextgarden.net, no problems there either. My teTeX is dated
> 20040711

Hmm, my tetex is 2.99.4.20041128-beta :(
Can't understand why ???

TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 18:47 ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2004-12-04 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin said this at Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:14:18 +0100:

>But all external links not work! When I click on them, I go to the 1st
>page of document.
>Internal links work well.

Quy, have you tried it in a different PDF viewer?
Not all platforms treat links the same.
 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 18:56   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-04 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Adam, Quy,

>>But all external links not work! When I click on them, I go to the 1st
>>page of document.
>>Internal links work well.
>
> Quy, have you tried it in a different PDF viewer?
> Not all platforms treat links the same.

I had a look at the PDF file and it is broken. I just downloaded
tetex2.99.4 but I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. I had tons of
other problems, though...

Patrick
--

@ 2004-12-04 19:02   ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-04 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt users

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:47:58 +0000, Adam Lindsay <atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk> wrote:
> VnPenguin said this at Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:14:18 +0100:
>
> >But all external links not work! When I click on them, I go to the 1st
> >page of document.
> >Internal links work well.
>
> Quy, have you tried it in a different PDF viewer?
> Not all platforms treat links the same.

Just tried this PDF with Acrobat 5.0 (Win2k) and I have the same
problem with external links :(

Thanks,
Quy

* Re: Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 19:04     ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-04 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 Dec 2004 19:56:31 +0100, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:
> Hello Adam, Quy,
>
> >>But all external links not work! When I click on them, I go to the 1st
> >>page of document.
> >>Internal links work well.
> >
> > Quy, have you tried it in a different PDF viewer?
> > Not all platforms treat links the same.
>

> I had a look at the PDF file and it is broken. I just downloaded
> tetex2.99.4 but I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. I had tons of
> other problems, though...

Oh,
In fact I have no problem with 2.99.4-beta. ConTeXt works fine, even
with Vietnamese Unicode input file. But all external links were broken
:(

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 19:39       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-04 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> In fact I have no problem with 2.99.4-beta. ConTeXt works fine, even
> with Vietnamese Unicode input file. But all external links were broken
> :(

[ ] working ConTeXt
[ ] correct external links
[ ] Vietnamese Unicode Input

pick two.

Patrick
(sorry I am of no help yet)
--

@ 2004-12-04 20:25         ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-04 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 Dec 2004 20:39:57 +0100, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > In fact I have no problem with 2.99.4-beta. ConTeXt works fine, even
> > with Vietnamese Unicode input file. But all external links were broken
> > :(

So with tetex-2.99.4-beta ( TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt) :

[x] working ConTeXt
[ ] correct external links
[x] Vietnamese Unicode Input

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-04 23:13 ` Patrick Gundlach
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-04 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: tetex

Hello Quy, Thomas,

I have looked into your problematic document, and it looks as if the
ConTeXt version in the tetex beta is broken in this respect.

\setupcolors
  [state=start]
\setupinteraction
  [state=start,color=blue]
\useURL
[contextsupport]
[http://www.pragma-ade.com/]

\starttext
Look at  \from[contextsupport]!

\stoptext

compiles fine, but shows the same error: the hyperlink does not point
to the website, but to the first page.

>  The compiling process is OK under tetex-beta 2.99.4.

As far as I can see, this tetex ships with

ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.23

OK is:

ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.16

Patrick
--

@ 2004-12-05  9:12   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-05  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-12-05 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Robin.Fairbairns

Hi,

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> can someone please persuade hans to replace the context/current on his
> web site with something that works.  what appears on context/current
> gets to ctan, and what gets to ctan appears in tetex.  a mail to me
> would expedite the corrected stuff appearing on ctan.

A fix in the works, I assume. Meanwhile ...

> more serious is (i bet) that that context is also on the texlive tree,
> and that really _is_ about to ship.

The ISO named texlive2004-inst-20041127.iso on CTAN dated is the one that
is being burned, I assume? If so, then there is good news: TL does not
contain 2004.11.23 but version 2004.11.17, and that version works OK on
Patrick's example, using acroread 5.0.5 on linux.

It is a bit odd that a beta version of context was used for production TL and
does not have the bug whereas the tetex beta used the production version of
context and does have the bug. ;-)

Greetings, Taco

* Re: Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt : external links not work after recompiled
@ 2004-12-05 20:31   ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2004-12-05 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: tetex

Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> As far as I can see, this tetex ships with
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.23
>

> OK is:
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.16

i think that something went wrong when i patched the \from macro for handling
the nested color support. The url support is rather dirty hooked into other
mechanisms.

I'll upload a fix asap.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-05 20:33   ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2004-12-05 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hello Quy, Thomas,
>
> I have looked into your problematic document, and it looks as if the
> ConTeXt version in the tetex beta is broken in this respect.

> \setupcolors
>   [state=start]
> \setupinteraction
>   [state=start,color=blue]
> \useURL
> [contextsupport]
> [http://www.pragma-ade.com/]
>
> \starttext
> Look at  \from[contextsupport]!
>
> \stoptext
>
> compiles fine, but shows the same error: the hyperlink does not point
> to the website, but to the first page.

in core.ref.tex, patch:

\def\setouterlocation#1%
   {\ifundefined{\v!file:::#1}%
      \ifconditional\forceURLlocation
        \edef\otherURL{#1}%
        \let\otherfile\empty
      \else
        \let\otherURL\empty
        \edef\otherfile{#1}%
      \fi
    \else
      \let\doexternaldocument\setouterfilelocation
      \let\doexternalurl     \setouterfilelocation % <<< missing line
      \csname\v!file:::#1\endcsname
    \fi
    \setfalse\forceURLlocation
    \doifparentfileelse\otherfile
      {\let\otherURL\empty
       \let\otherfile\empty
       \global\let\otherlabel\empty
       \let\otherprefix\empty}
      {\xdef\otherlabel{#1}%
       \edef\otherprefix{#1::}}}

I need to rewrite this piece of code, currently there is some nasty overloading
taking place (in order to safe hash entries i pack several things into one
macro, which is used nested and which meaning gets overloaded)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-05 20:37     ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2004-12-05 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> more serious is (i bet) that that context is also on the texlive tree,
> and that really _is_ about to ship.

don't worry, the bug is is not affecting the whole lot (only \from when used
with a url, the other \goto{}[url(...}] stuff is supposed to work; urls can be
set in many ways -)

concerning tex live: there's probably a bit older version in there (sebastian
got it directly from me); i'll check

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-05 23:32     ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-05 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:33:27 +0100, h h extern <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>

> in core.ref.tex, patch:
>
> \def\setouterlocation#1%
>    {\ifundefined{\v!file:::#1}%
>       \ifconditional\forceURLlocation
>         \edef\otherURL{#1}%
>         \let\otherfile\empty
>       \else
>         \let\otherURL\empty
>         \edef\otherfile{#1}%
>       \fi
>     \else
>       \let\doexternaldocument\setouterfilelocation
>       \let\doexternalurl     \setouterfilelocation % <<< missing line
>       \csname\v!file:::#1\endcsname
>     \fi
>     \setfalse\forceURLlocation
>     \doifparentfileelse\otherfile
>       {\let\otherURL\empty
>        \let\otherfile\empty
>        \global\let\otherlabel\empty
>        \let\otherprefix\empty}
>       {\xdef\otherlabel{#1}%
>        \edef\otherprefix{#1::}}}
>
> I need to rewrite this piece of code, currently there is some nasty overloading
> taking place (in order to safe hash entries i pack several things into one
> macro, which is used nested and which meaning gets overloaded)

Thank you! It works well now :)
Regards,
Quy