* \type{a_b} inside \bTABLE ... \eTABLE
@ 2005-04-11 21:39 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-04-11 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

there's a very comical behavior of \type{sometextfollowedby_underscore}
inside \bTABLE and \eTABLE. For example:

\starttext
\bTABLE
     \bTR\bTD \type{a_b} \eTD\eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

\type{_} or \type{_b} work OK, \type{a_b} outside the table works OK as
well.

---

I tried to find \def\type in ConTeXt source, but I couldn't and I'm also
not advanced enough to interpret the error message below. Any ideas?

(I would use the shorter form, \_, but the results are not quite the
same. I solved my problem temporary by using \type{a}\type{_b} with
quite some (unnecessary ?) "\type"-ing, but I'm still curious about the
reason for the strange behavior.)

Thank you,
	Mojca

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                 $
<to be read again>
                    _
<argument> \type {a_
                     b}
\handleTBLcell ...{\bTBLCELL \TBLcharalign {#2}{#4
                                                   }\eTBLCELL \inTBLcell
{#1}...
<inserted text> ...bl \begintblrow \makeTBL {1}{1}
                                                   \nexttblcol
\endtblrow \en...

\endTBL ...x {\trialtypesettingtrue \the \tbltoks
                                                   }\ifautoTBLspread
\checktb...
l.4 \eTABLE

?
! Emergency stop.
<inserted text>
                 $
<to be read again>
                    _
<argument> \type {a_
                     b}
\handleTBLcell ...{\bTBLCELL \TBLcharalign {#2}{#4
                                                   }\eTBLCELL \inTBLcell
{#1}...
<inserted text> ...bl \begintblrow \makeTBL {1}{1}
                                                   \nexttblcol
\endtblrow \en...

\endTBL ...x {\trialtypesettingtrue \the \tbltoks
                                                   }\ifautoTBLspread
\checktb...
l.4 \eTABLE

* Re: \type{a_b} inside \bTABLE ... \eTABLE
@ 2005-04-11 21:52 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-04-11 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

> I tried to find \def\type in ConTeXt source, but I couldn't and I'm
> also not advanced enough to interpret the error message below. Any
> ideas?

http://source.contextgarden.net/core-mis.tex#simplifycommands

see also recent thread:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20050329.193918.9a9371ce.html#20050329.193918.9a9371ce

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: \type{a_b} inside \bTABLE ... \eTABLE
@ 2005-04-12  5:58   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-04-12  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>>I tried to find \def\type in ConTeXt source, but I couldn't and I'm
>>also not advanced enough to interpret the error message below. Any
>>ideas?
>
> http://source.contextgarden.net/core-mis.tex#simplifycommands
>
> see also recent thread:
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20050329.193918.9a9371ce.html#20050329.193918.9a9371ce
>
> Patrick

Thank you very much. The \definetype[regexp][option=RAW] is a very nice
and elegant solution that Hans suggested.

"type" is simply too frequent word to find any relevant matches in
search. I'm sorry. I skimmed the thread once, but at 20, 50 mails daily,
I'm not able to follow and remember everything any more (and here we go
- another 3 mails on the mailing list!!!).

Thank you,
     Mojca