* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 22:22 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-10-01 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> \startpagefigure[...][...] \stoppagefigure
> >
> > what is the meaning of the [...]
>
> \startpagefigure[.#1.][.#2.] \stoppagefigure

So in order to insert a whole PDF do I have to use something like

\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=1]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=2]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=3]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=4]\stoppagefigure

or is there also a nice keyword for "insert all pages"?

Steffen

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 22:34 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-01 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum <st.wolfrum@estfiles.de> writes:

Hi,

> So in order to insert a whole PDF do I have to use something like
>
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=1]\stoppagefigure
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=2]\stoppagefigure
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=3]\stoppagefigure
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=4]\stoppagefigure
>
> or is there also a nice keyword for "insert all pages"?

What is wrong with \copypages?

Patrick
--
evil code: \dorecurse{4}{\startpagefigure[..][page=\recurselevel]\stopp...}

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 23:04   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-01 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> writes:

> --
> evil code: \dorecurse{4}{\startpagefigure[..][page=\recurselevel]\stopp...}

Perhaps not that evil, it seems to work :)

\starttext
\getfiguredimensions[ward]
\dorecurse{\noffigurepages}{\startpagefigure[ward][page=\recurselevel]
\stoppagefigure}
\stoptext

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-02  9:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-02  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 00:22 02/10/2003, you wrote:
>Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > > what is the meaning of the [...]
> >
> > \startpagefigure[.#1.][.#2.] \stoppagefigure
>

>So in order to insert a whole PDF do I have to use something like
>
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=1]\stoppagefigure
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=2]\stoppagefigure
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=3]\stoppagefigure
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=4]\stoppagefigure

there is:

\insertpages[file.pdf][1,3][n=30,width=18cm]

(another challenge for patrick)

Hans

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 19:59           ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

>> \startpagefigure[...][...] \stoppagefigure
>
> what is the meaning of the [...]

\startpagefigure[.#1.][.#2.] \stoppagefigure

\externalfigure[#1][#2]

Patrick
--
use the source, Luke ;-)

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 11:01       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-01 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Steffen Wolfrum <st.wolfrum@estfiles.de> writes:

> When I tried it it looks to me as these pages were placed like
> figures - sure, externalfigure o)
>
> But is there also a command to *add* other pdfs?
> Given that they are the same size.

all the figures are the same size  or the figures the same size as
the document?

If you know the size of the figures, you can of course switch to
another papersize within the current TeX document and use
\externalfigure then.

> Not certain pages, but the whole thing just stuck together.

\copypages[filename] (+optional [a=b], see \externalfigure)

%crazy:
\starttext
\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\copypages[tufte]
\stoptext

--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01  8:48     ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-10-01  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 21:55 30/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I want to Know if it's possible to add others pdf files to a former one
> >resulting from a ConteXt compilation.
> >
> >It's because I make technical drawings with Autocad wich are printed (at
> >the right scale !) to a pdf file (By Distiller or Amunyi converter), and I
> >want those in more general (text+drawings) documents.
>
> pdftex (and therefore context) can include pdf's and even specific pages
> from a pdf:
>
> % output=pdftex
>
> \starttext
>
> \externalfigure[somefile.pdf][ppage=2]
>
> \stoptext

When I tried it it looks to me as these pages were placed like figures - sure, externalfigure o)

But is there also a command to *add* other pdfs?
Given that they are the same size.

Not certain pages, but the whole thing just stuck together.

Do you have an idea?

Steffen

* RE: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-09-30 20:52 ` Michael Hallgren
From: Michael Hallgren @ 2003-09-30 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

pdf[la]tex's likely your friend,

mh

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-09-30 20:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-30 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 21:55 30/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I want to Know if it's possible to add others pdf files to a former one
>resulting from a ConteXt compilation.
>
>It's because I make technical drawings with Autocad wich are printed (at
>the right scale !) to a pdf file (By Distiller or Amunyi converter), and I
>want those in more general (text+drawings) documents.

pdftex (and therefore context) can include pdf's and even specific pages
from a pdf:

% output=pdftex

\starttext

\externalfigure[somefile.pdf][ppage=2]

\stoptext

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-09-30 20:13 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-30 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Olivier,

Subject: [NTG-context] inserting other pdf's

> Hi,
> I want to Know if it's possible to add others pdf files to a former one
> resulting from a ConteXt compilation.
>
> It's because I make technical drawings with Autocad wich are printed (at
> the right scale !) to a pdf file (By Distiller or Amunyi converter), and I
> want those in more general (text+drawings) documents.
>
> One solution is openoffice, but it's not the right place!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> olivier Turlier

Combining pdf pages is possible with the texexec perl script. Try to see the
options with texexec --help|more
Not easy but extremely strong!

Willi

* inserting other pdf's