From: "Patrick Gundlach" <patrick@gundla.ch>
Subject: Re: new stuff for brave users
Date: 26 Aug 2004 11:43:26 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Tobias, Floris and others,

[live.contextgarden.net]

>>i would opt for a better 'result-ready' flag (e.g. providing the link
>>to the result) instead of opening a log file that is of not too much
>>interest when everything went OK.
>>
> How about something like that:
>
> Show an intermediate page with a reload HTTP header which calls itself
> repeatedly
> a) If the PDF file exists redirect to the PDF page
> b) If no PDF exists but the texexec has ended, redirect to the logfile

which would be the same as just waiting for the texexec job to finish
and then finish loading the website.

> The redirect should not use http-equiv but the real HTTP header.

But, as far as I can see, the user would see an empty page until
texexec stops (perhaps depending on the browser).

> Instead of reloading, you may also try Serverpush:

yuck, this looks very evil to me.

What I try to achieve is to be able to use the live... without
javascript. And I still haven't found a good way of doing so. I'll
stop the popup with the output, and I think I will wait for the
website to load until the texexec jobs finishes.

Patrick (thanks also for all the other suggestions)
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net
texshow-web:  http://texshow.contextgarden.net