* Re: fullpage graphic
       [not found] <mailman.181.1154611566.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-03 14:00 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-03 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > The difference to the example that I have posted is, that you gave
> > the options [page,none] explicitly with \placefigure and I have
> used
> > \setupfloat[figure][page,none].
> >
> \setupfloat[figure][default={page,none}]
>
> may work (untested)
>
> Hans

Yes, this works!

Thank you for your help!

But where are such things documented?

I tried to access 'http://texshow.contextgarden.net/' some times the
last days. I saw the left frame and the topics home and help are
functioning, but all the other stuff gave me an error. Is this me
alone?

Wolfgang

* Re: fullpage graphic
@ 2006-08-04 10:32   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2006-08-04 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> I tried to access 'http://texshow.contextgarden.net/' some times the
> last days. I saw the left frame and the topics home and help are
> functioning, but all the other stuff gave me an error. Is this me
> alone?

You should try to contact the author of texshow-web (email address is
on the front page) or post the problem on the dev-context mailinglist.
Please describe exactly what you were doing and what you did expect
(include date/time in your email).

The problem is that I don't read this list on a regular basis, so
posts like this may slip off unnoticed.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: fullpage graphic
@ 2006-08-03 10:35   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-03 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> Hallo!
>

>>> \setuppapersize[a4][a4]
>>> \setupfloat[figure][none,fit,here,always,top,bottom,force,page]
>>> \setupcaption[figure][number=no]
>>> \setuplayout[grid=yes]% Problem doesn't exist with grid=no
>>> \starttext
>>> \input tufte
>>> \placefigure{}{\framed[offset=none]{%
>>>

>> \externalfigure[float.png][width=\makeupwidth,height=\textheight]}}
>>
>>> \dorecurse{10}{\par\input tufte}
>>> \stoptext

>> Maybe I am missing something here. But \placefigure[page].... seems
>> to work fine for me. Even larger dimensions do not seem to be a
>> problem.
>>
>> \input tufte
>>
>> \placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=0.9\tex
>> theight,color=green]}
>> \input tufte
>> \placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=1.0\tex
>> theight,color=green]}
>> \input tufte
>> \placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=1.1\tex
>> theight,color=green]}
>>   \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte}
>>

> You are right! Your example works!
> The difference to the example that I have posted is, that you gave
> the options [page,none] explicitly with \placefigure and I have used
> \setupfloat[figure][page,none].

\setupfloat[figure][default={page,none}]

may work (untested)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: fullpage graphic
       [not found] <mailman.175.1154588920.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-03  9:38 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-03  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

> > \setuppapersize[a4][a4]
> > \setupfloat[figure][none,fit,here,always,top,bottom,force,page]
> > \setupcaption[figure][number=no]
> > \setuplayout[grid=yes]% Problem doesn't exist with grid=no
> > \starttext
> > \input tufte
> > \placefigure{}{\framed[offset=none]{%
> >
> \externalfigure[float.png][width=\makeupwidth,height=\textheight]}}
> >
> > \dorecurse{10}{\par\input tufte}
> > \stoptext

> Maybe I am missing something here. But \placefigure[page].... seems
> to work fine for me. Even larger dimensions do not seem to be a
> problem.
>
> \input tufte
>
> \placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=0.9\tex
> theight,color=green]}
> \input tufte
> \placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=1.0\tex
> theight,color=green]}
> \input tufte
> \placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=1.1\tex
> theight,color=green]}
>   \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte}

You are right! Your example works!
The difference to the example that I have posted is, that you gave
the options [page,none] explicitly with \placefigure and I have used
\setupfloat[figure][page,none].

So, what is wrong with using \setupfloat?

Please try my example exactly as given and you will see what I mean.

Wolfgang

* Re: fullpage graphic
@ 2006-08-03  7:15     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-03  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>I would like to place a floating, framed graphic at the next page
>>following the \placefigure[]{}{\framed[]{...}} command.
>>
>>Problem: The graphicdimensions are (\makeupwidth,\textheight).
>>
>>Neither the options page, here, force or always help.

> Maybe I am missing something here. But \placefigure[page].... seems to
> work fine for me. Even larger dimensions do not seem to be a problem.

Works fine here as well. Are you using an old(er) ConTeXt version?

Taco

* Re: fullpage graphic
@ 2006-08-03  0:06   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-08-03  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, wwl@musensturm.de wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>> Can you try to create a minimal file to play with?
>>
>> Inventing test documents from scratch takes a lot of time, time
>> that is often not available (like today). Having a small but
>> full document will greatly improve your chances of getting a
>> quick response.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Taco
>>

> Sorry Taco, here comes a small testfile which hopefully resamples the
> situation:
> \setuppapersize[a4][a4]
> \setupfloat[figure][none,fit,here,always,top,bottom,force,page]
> \setupcaption[figure][number=no]
> \setuplayout[grid=yes]% Problem doesn't exist with grid=no
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \placefigure{}{\framed[offset=none]{%
>  \externalfigure[float.png][width=\makeupwidth,height=\textheight]}}
>
> \dorecurse{10}{\par\input tufte}
> \stoptext
>
> I can not find a solution for the following problem:
>
> I would like to place a floating, framed graphic at the next page
> following the \placefigure[]{}{\framed[]{...}} command.
>
> Problem: The graphicdimensions are (\makeupwidth,\textheight).
>
> Neither the options page, here, force or always help.

Maybe I am missing something here. But \placefigure[page].... seems to
work fine for me. Even larger dimensions do not seem to be a problem.

\input tufte

\placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=0.9\textheight,color=green]}
\input tufte
\placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=1.0\textheight,color=green]}
\input tufte
\placefigure[page,none]{}{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=1.1\textheight,color=green]}
  \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte}

> If the graphic is a little smaller, so that at least one line of text
>
> fit on the page, than the graphic gets placed at the right page, else
>
> the graphic is placed behind the end of the chapter.

> Second question:
>
> How can I place a fullpage graphic
> (\paperheight+epsilon,\paperwidth+epsilon) as above
> at the next page, and how can I count, but don't display pagenumbers
> for such graphic pages?

If you are willing to manually break the page, you can use
\pagefigure.

See
http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20060524.191616.215b52a8.en.html#20060524.191616.215b52a8
on how to make pagefigure increment page numbers.

Aditya

* Re: fullpage graphic
       [not found] <mailman.157.1154507989.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-08-02 21:34 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-08-02 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

> Can you try to create a minimal file to play with?
>
> Inventing test documents from scratch takes a lot of time, time
> that is often not available (like today). Having a small but
> full document will greatly improve your chances of getting a
> quick response.
>
> Cheers,
> Taco

Sorry Taco, here comes a small testfile which hopefully resamples the
situation:
\setuppapersize[a4][a4]
\setupfloat[figure][none,fit,here,always,top,bottom,force,page]
\setupcaption[figure][number=no]
\setuplayout[grid=yes]% Problem doesn't exist with grid=no
\starttext
\input tufte
\placefigure{}{\framed[offset=none]{%
  \externalfigure[float.png][width=\makeupwidth,height=\textheight]}}

\dorecurse{10}{\par\input tufte}
\stoptext

I can not find a solution for the following problem:

I would like to place a floating, framed graphic at the next page
following the \placefigure[]{}{\framed[]{...}} command.

Problem: The graphicdimensions are (\makeupwidth,\textheight).

Neither the options page, here, force or always help.

If the graphic is a little smaller, so that at least one line of text

fit on the page, than the graphic gets placed at the right page, else

the graphic is placed behind the end of the chapter.

Second question:

How can I place a fullpage graphic
(\paperheight+epsilon,\paperwidth+epsilon) as above
at the next page, and how can I count, but don't display pagenumbers
for such graphic pages?

Wolfgang

* fullpage graphic
@ 2006-08-01 20:11 wwl