* substitute for hangafter
@ 2003-09-26 12:44 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-09-26 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a classic \hangafter situation in a bibliography.  However this TeX
primitive seems to be crippled in Context. What should I use instead?
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers

* Re: substitute for hangafter
@ 2003-09-26 13:10 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-26 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> writes:

> I have a classic \hangafter situation in a bibliography.  However this TeX
> primitive seems to be crippled in Context. What should I use instead?

what is wrong with:

\starttext
\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte
\stoptext

???

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Re: substitute for hangafter
@ 2003-09-26 19:30   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-26 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 15:10 26/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> writes:
>
> > I have a classic \hangafter situation in a bibliography.  However this TeX
> > primitive seems to be crippled in Context. What should I use instead?
>
>what is wrong with:
>
>\starttext
>\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte
>\stoptext

i can add to this:

   {\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte\relax}

will not work, but

   {\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte\relax\par}

will

hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: substitute for hangafter
@ 2003-09-27  7:56     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-27  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

Hi,

> i can add to this:
>
>    {\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte\relax}
>
> will not work, but
>
>    {\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte\relax\par}
>
> will

But that is not strictly ConTeXt related, is it? It is more a matter
of local/global values before \par is complete?!

Patrick
--

@ 2003-09-27 10:19       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-27 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:56 27/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:

> >    {\hangafter=-2\hangindent=5em \noindent\input tufte\relax\par}
> >
> > will
>
>But that is not strictly ConTeXt related, is it? It is more a matter
>of local/global values before \par is complete?!

indeed, i'm told that in this aspect, tex behaves like msword (or the
opposite) -)