From: "Patrick Gundlach" <patrick@gundla.ch>
Subject: Re: good-looking tables in context
Date: 3 Apr 2005 21:07:39 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Hans,

> \starttable[|||]
> \HL[2]
> \NC test \NC test \NC \FR
> \HL[5]
> \NC test \NC test \NC \MR
> \HL[8]
> \NC test \NC test \NC \LR
> \HL[2]
> \stoptable

These [n] are multiplies of a default dimension? I'd like to say \TR
for a default (predefined, thicker) top rule or \TR[30pt] for a very
thick top rule. Same with a \MR and \BR (mid rule, bottom rule), but
these names are already used...

I see: with s0 the table is trimmed left and right. Great.

>> To get a horizontal rule from column a to column b you can (in LaTeX)
>> use:
>> \cmidrule[<wd>](<trim>){a–b}
>> where wd is the rulethickness, trim is where to cut off a bit, and
>> a,
>> b the columns. This is a very nice command that I often use.
>
> \starttable[||||]
> \HL[2]
> \NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \FR
> \DC \DL[2] \DR
> \NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \MR
> \HL[8]
> \NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \LR
> \HL[2]
> \stoptable

Is it possible to trim the second horizontal rule so that the left and
right edge are cut off?

>> \addlinespace addes a little space between rows.

> we have \SR for that

And here again, I'd like to be able to specify the vertical spacing.

Thanks so far, I am getting closer. And I promise to write a myway
once I can make a table like the ones I am used to.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net