* height and width of a figure
@ 2003-09-16 13:18 Severin Obertuefer
From: Severin Obertuefer @ 2003-09-16 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all

i included an external figure in a document with \useexernalfigure[fig]
how can i get the width and the height of this picture so that i can make a
frame that has exactly the same size as the externalfigure[fig].

thanks a lot for help

greetings

severin

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net

* Re: height and width of a figure
@ 2003-09-16 13:41 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-16 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

> i included an external figure in a document with \useexernalfigure[fig]
> how can i get the width and the height of this picture so that i can make a
> frame that has exactly the same size as the externalfigure[fig].

See the reference manual, especially frame=on. You can also define a
metapost overlay and get the dimension in OverlayBox.

\externalfigure[...][...,...=...,...]

[...]		   <file>
[...,...=...,...]  see \useexternalfigure (1)

\useexternalfigure[...][...][...,...=...,...]

[...]		   <name>
[...]		   <file>
scale		   <number>
factor		   max fit broad
wfactor		   <number> max broad fit
hfactor		   <number> max broad fit
width		   <dimension>
height		   <dimension>
frame		   on off
preset		   yes no
display		   <file>
preview		   yes no
repeat		   yes no
object		   yes no
type		   eps mps pdf tif png jpg mov <tex>
method		   eps mps pdf tif png jpg mov <tex>

Patrick
--
Silent is the goldfish in its bowl

* Re: Re: height and width of a figure
@ 2003-09-16 21:17   ` Severin Obertüfer
From: Severin Obertüfer @ 2003-09-16 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick and all the others

thanks for your answer. I  think I asked my question a little bit unclearly.
I wanted to know if i can get the width of a figure, or the overlaywidth of
this figure as a numeric. I want to make a frame like this:
\framed[width=<width of \exernalfigure[fig]>, height=<height of
\externalfigure[fig]>]{blabla}.

I don't know if such a thing is possible, I didn't find such a thing in a
manual.

Severin

@ 2003-09-17  2:26     ` Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-17  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

> Hi Patrick and all the others
>
> thanks for your answer. I  think I asked my question a little bit
unclearly.
> I wanted to know if i can get the width of a figure, or the overlaywidth
of
> this figure as a numeric. I want to make a frame like this:
> \framed[width=<width of \exernalfigure[fig]>, height=<height of
> \externalfigure[fig]>]{blabla}.

> I don't know if such a thing is possible, I didn't find such a thing in a
> manual.

Why dont You just put the figure into a box? You can always say:

\newdimen\W
\newdimen\H
\setbox0\hbox{\externalfigure[your_figure]}
\W=\wd0\relax
\H=\ht0
\advance\H by \dp0\relax
\the\W
\the\H
\end

Such row TeX code always work:)

Regards, Pawe/l

* Re: Re: height and width of a figure
@ 2003-09-17  7:59       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-17  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:26 17/09/2003 +0200, Pawel Jackowski na Onet wrote:
>Hello!
>

> > Hi Patrick and all the others
> >
> > thanks for your answer. I  think I asked my question a little bit
>unclearly.
> > I wanted to know if i can get the width of a figure, or the overlaywidth
>of
> > this figure as a numeric. I want to make a frame like this:
> > \framed[width=<width of \exernalfigure[fig]>, height=<height of
> > \externalfigure[fig]>]{blabla}.
>
> > I don't know if such a thing is possible, I didn't find such a thing in a
> > manual.
>
>Why dont You just put the figure into a box? You can always say:
>
>\newdimen\W
>\newdimen\H
>\setbox0\hbox{\externalfigure[your_figure]}
>\W=\wd0\relax
>\H=\ht0
>\advance\H by \dp0\relax
>\the\W
>\the\H
>\end
>
>Such row TeX code always work:)

\getfiguredimensionsonly[...][...]

\naturalfigureheight
\naturalfigurewidth
\figureheight
\figurewidth

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: height and width of a figure
@ 2003-09-17 15:25         ` seob
From: seob @ 2003-09-17 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> At 04:26 17/09/2003 +0200, Pawel Jackowski na Onet wrote:
> >Hello!
> >

> > > Hi Patrick and all the others
> > >
> > > thanks for your answer. I  think I asked my question a little bit
> >unclearly.
> > > I wanted to know if i can get the width of a figure, or the
> overlaywidth
> >of
> > > this figure as a numeric. I want to make a frame like this:
> > > \framed[width=<width of \exernalfigure[fig]>, height=<height of
> > > \externalfigure[fig]>]{blabla}.
> >
> > > I don't know if such a thing is possible, I didn't find such a thing
> in a
> > > manual.
> >
> >Why dont You just put the figure into a box? You can always say:
> >
> >\newdimen\W
> >\newdimen\H
> >\setbox0\hbox{\externalfigure[your_figure]}
> >\W=\wd0\relax
> >\H=\ht0
> >\advance\H by \dp0\relax
> >\the\W