* minimal ConTeXt tree
@ 2004-10-31 17:08 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-10-31 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I wanted to give my TeX a fresh start,
deleted the complete tetex folder
and downloaded Hans' "macosxtex.zip".

Could someone please share his/her experience
what to do now - in order to get the files in this zip work?

I am working on MacOSX and - by now - I am not so firm
on the path topic that's probably necessary now...
so I need probably a *very easy explanation*

:o/

Any help welcome!

Steffen

* Re: minimal ConTeXt tree
@ 2004-10-31 21:17 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-10-31 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Steffen,

> I wanted to give my TeX a fresh start,
> deleted the complete tetex folder
> and downloaded Hans' "macosxtex.zip".
>
> Could someone please share his/her experience
> what to do now - in order to get the files in this zip work?

This sounds to me as if you want to shoot yourself in your feet but
you don't know how to handle the gun .-)

Why don't you use Gerben's iInstaller with a pretty uptodate ConTeXt?
(Never used it, only reading about it).

But if you succeed, please put your experience in the wiki:

http://contextgarden.net/Installation_hints

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: minimal ConTeXt tree
@ 2004-11-01  9:11   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-01  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>>I wanted to give my TeX a fresh start,
>>deleted the complete tetex folder
>>and downloaded Hans' "macosxtex.zip".
>>
>>Could someone please share his/her experience
>>what to do now - in order to get the files in this zip work?
>

> This sounds to me as if you want to shoot yourself in your feet but
> you don't know how to handle the gun .-)
>
> Why don't you use Gerben's iInstaller with a pretty uptodate ConTeXt?
> (Never used it, only reading about it).

in principle the mac tree should work, when you run from a console;
(that way i can comfortably use it from within scite) ; however, gerbens
installation is normally quite up to date and integrates well in the
texshop etc environments, so maybe you shopuld try tat first (I suppose
one can install context-only)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE