* paragraph numbering
@ 2005-04-14  5:59 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-04-14  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can I number the paragraphs in ConTeXt similar to
the latex parano.sty.?

* Re: paragraph numbering
@ 2005-04-14  7:51 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-04-14  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How can I number the paragraphs in ConTeXt similar to
> the latex parano.sty.?

what does the LaTex parano do? You should not assume too much LaTeX
knowledge on this list.

Patrick

--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Paragraph numbering
@ 2014-12-12  8:12   ` MANUEL GONZALEZ SUAREZ
From: MANUEL GONZALEZ SUAREZ @ 2014-12-12  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks very much, Wolfgang?

Manuel.

________________________________
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-12-11 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 11.12.2014 um 11:15 schrieb MANUEL GONZALEZ SUAREZ <gonzalezsmanuel@uniovi.es>:
>
> Hello everyone.
> I have a small question about paragraphs numbering. With LaTeX we have the possibility of numbering \paragraph and \subparagraph. With ConTeXt we have commands \subsubject, etc. What I like to do is number one paragraph in middle of the text, with the possibility of making a reference to it, with no spaces before or after. Something like this:
>
> [1] Text of the first paragraph. [2] Text of the second paragraph ...
>
> Should I use the \label or another command?

\starttext
\startitemize[n,text][lefttext={[},righttext={]},stopper=]
\item Text of the first paragraph.
\item Text of the second paragraph
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Paragraph numbering
@ 2014-12-11 10:15 MANUEL GONZALEZ SUAREZ
From: MANUEL GONZALEZ SUAREZ @ 2014-12-11 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone.
I have a small question about paragraphs numbering. With LaTeX we have the possibility of numbering \paragraph and \subparagraph. With ConTeXt we have commands \subsubject, etc. What I like to do is number one paragraph in middle of the text, with the possibility of making a reference to it, with no spaces before or after. Something like this:

[1] Text of the first paragraph. [2] Text of the second paragraph ...

Should I use the \label or another command?
Thanks.

* paragraph numbering
@ 2011-12-29 20:00 Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2011-12-29 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

current beta:

\starttext
Some text.

\setupparagraphnumbering[state=start]
first numbered paragraph.

This is another numbered paragraph. It's long enough to wrap around onto
more
than one line, so as to show that these are paragraph numbers and not
line numbers.\par

A third numbered paragraph.
\setupparagraphnumbering[state=stop]

a paragraph
\stoptext

Herbert

! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 5 in file 05-04-1.ctxcrop:
Undefined control sequence ...

  1     \starttext
  2     Some text.
  3
  4     \setupparagraphnumbering[state=start]
  5 >>  first numbered paragraph.
  6
  7     This is another numbered paragraph. It's long enough to wrap
around onto more
  8     than one line, so as to show that these are paragraph numbers
and not line numbers.\par
  9
10     A third numbered paragraph.
11     \setupparagraphnumbering[state=stop]
12
13     a paragraph
14     \stoptext
15

<argument> \tf \dousestyleparameter \@phstyle
                                               \dousecolorparameter
\@phcolor...
\doifelsenothing #1->\edef \!!stringa {#1
                                          }\ifx \!!stringa \empty
\expandafte...
\dodomargindata ...a [#1]\fi \doifelsenothing {#3}
                                                   \donefalse \donetrue
\ifdo...
<everypar> ...eckindentation \showparagraphnumber

\restoreinterlinepenalty \...
<to be read again>
l.5 f
      irst numbered paragraph.

* Paragraph numbering
@ 2005-05-12 13:07 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-05-12 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Taco,

It works perfectly works as desired. with the addition
of \doglobal with paragraph enumeration, it is solved.

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

* Re: paragraph numbering
@ 2005-04-18 13:37 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-04-18 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Like so?

Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Subject:
> [despammed] paragraph numbering
> From:
> piskala upendran <pr_upendran@yahoo.com>
> Date:
> Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
>

> How can i add paragraph number in context. some thing
> like this.
>  Example
>
> 1. This is test.
>
> 2. This is another paragraph. This is another
> paragraph. this is another paragraph.
>

> end of example
>
> can you help me out. a package parano.sty exits for
> latex.
>
> thanks

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

[-- Attachment #2: para.tex --]

* paragraph numbering
@ 2005-04-18 12:55 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-04-18 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 563 bytes --]