* inmargin text problems remain
@ 2003-10-16 12:57 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-10-16 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

Thanks Bill for your reply on my previous mail concerning struggles with
the inmargin texts. As you can see I explicitely set the width of the margins.

In order to make things easier to see I attach a minimal test file.

Does anybody see the clue, how to tell Context to use the full marginwidth?

Cheers Willi

[-- Attachment #2: inmargin.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1040 bytes --]

% Test file
% Problem: Enumeration: numbering sequence and reference to an element of the enumeration
% 20-09-2003

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\usemodule[units]

\usetypescript[palatino]
\definetypeface[Myfont] [rm] [serif] [palatino][default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface[Myfont] [ss] [sans] [helvetica][default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface[Myfont] [tt] [mono] [courier][default] [encoding=texnansi]
\switchtotypeface[Myfont]
\setupbodyfont[Myfont,rm,10pt]

\definepapersize[MyPaper][height=18cm, width=12.6cm]
\setuppapersize[MyPaper,portrait][A4,portrait]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, location={footer,middle}] %doublesided singlesided

\setuplayout
  [topspace=14mm,
   header=0pt,
   headerdistance=0pt,
   backspace=16mm,
   footerdistance=10mm,
   footer=1.1\bodyfontsize,
   veroffset=5mm,
   leftmargin=8mm,
   rightmargin=18mm,
   height=149mm,
   width=90mm,
   location={middle,doublesided},
   marking=on]

\showframe
\starttext
    \dorecurse{10}{\inmargin{\bf Let op!} \input tufte \blank}
\stoptext

* Re: inmargin text problems remain
@ 2003-10-16 13:26 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2003-10-16 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:57:12 +0200
Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:

> Does anybody see the clue, how to tell Context to use the full
> marginwidth?

The problem is that notes in the left page outer margin do not use the
full margin width, right? If you change your setup to
use leftmargin=18mm it will match the outer margin on the right pages,
which is already set to 18mm.

If this case, rightmargin and leftmargin seem to refer to the outer
margins on the right and left pages, not the outer and gutter margins on
a single page.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                The King in Yellow
http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers

* Re: inmargin text problems remain
@ 2003-10-16 18:36   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-10-16 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill McClain wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:57:12 +0200
>Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody see the clue, how to tell Context to use the full
> > marginwidth?
>
>The problem is that notes in the left page outer margin do not use the
>full margin width, right? If you change your setup to
>use leftmargin=18mm it will match the outer margin on the right pages,
>which is already set to 18mm.
>
>If this case, rightmargin and leftmargin seem to refer to the outer
>margins on the right and left pages, not the outer and gutter margins on
>a single page.
Thanks for your response. It works indeed once I put the leftmargin to
18mm. - I was apparaently too much fixed to the nice presentation of the
"showframes" and did not think of the fact that it would not matter because
normally Context would not typeset inmargin texts in the inner margin. -
Thanks indeed.

Cheers Willi

* Re: inmargin text problems remain
@ 2003-10-31 16:52 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-31 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

Hello Willi and others,

> Does anybody see the clue, how to tell Context to use the full marginwidth?

I strongly believe that this is a bug. left/right should change to
inner/outer on doublesided layout. But it does not (really):

\showframe
\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided]
\setuplayout[backspace=1cm,leftmargin=.5cm]
\starttext
\dorecurse{4}{\input tufte \inleft{\the\hsize}\inright{\the\hsize} \page}
\showsetups
\stoptext

I have no idea what is going on.

Patrick