* anyone a working c typing mode
@ 2001-02-12 18:31 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-12 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

is there anybody out there with a working c/c++ typing mode?  I want to
include some sources in my documentation.

Thanx
Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: anyone a working c typing mode
@ 2001-02-13  7:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-13  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:31 PM 2/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>is there anybody out there with a working c/c++ typing mode?  I want to
>include some sources in my documentation.

To a certain extent the perl / javascript mode may work ok; i don't know
enough of c to make a mode -)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: anyone a working c typing mode
@ 2001-02-13 14:33   ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-13 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

You wrote on Dienstag, 13. Februar 2001 08:48:
>To a certain extent the perl / javascript mode may work ok; i don't know
>enough of c to make a mode -)

And I don't know (and understand) enough from the ConTeXt verbatim code to
write a c mode :-(  What do I have to know about context verbatim to write
a new c mode?  Or what do you have to know about C to write a mode?

And how can I type a file?
\typefile{name}{file} seems not be able to get a mode option like PL and
the documentation seems to be wrong.  The first argument is the filename
and there seems to be no second argument.

Uwe

--

@ 2001-02-13 14:37   ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2001-02-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Uwe Koloska, ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> At 07:31 PM 2/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >is there anybody out there with a working c/c++ typing mode?  I want to
> >include some sources in my documentation.
>
> To a certain extent the perl / javascript mode may work ok; i don't know
> enough of c to make a mode -)

Or, if you want a no-frills code listing, a macro like this may be
enough:

    \def\displayfile#1{%
            \startlinenumbering
            \typefile{#1}
            \stoplinenumbering\page}

--
--Ed Cashin                    integrit file verification system
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu          http://integrit.sourceforge.net/