From: ecashin@coe.uga.edu (Ed L. Cashin)
Subject: Re: special header/footer for section page
Date: 13 Nov 1999 18:56:41 -0500	[thread overview]

Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com> writes:

> Hai Ed,
>
> If you, or anyone else, is interested in emacs, I've now a Emacs
> context mode that works ok with the english interface of context.

> It's based on tex-mode, so who'se used to auctex may find tex-mode a
> bit basic.

I would be interested to see it!

> P.S. Is it possible for the mailing list maintainer to make the
> reply button send the msg to the list instead of the sender?
> I.e. add a Reply-To field or change the To field.

Oh, God, please no.  Please don't do that.  It is very bad.  The mail
client itself should be able to provide a way for the user to repond
to everybody that the message was sent to.  For example, if you like
emacs, then the "F" key in gnus (a great mail client) will reply to
all.

I find reply-to mangling very frustrating.  If I want to reply to the
author of a post rather than the list itself, then the "reply"
function should do just that.  The email client should provide an easy
way to reply to the author or followup to the group.  And changing the
headers in that way is specifically prohibited by the email spec.

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/