* Different header and footer
@ 2000-03-17 11:43 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-03-17 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone!

How can I make a different header and footer for each first page in a chapter (i.e. the page where it is written "CHAPTER 1").

How can I make a different page size for that first page in a chapter.

Dan Seracu

[-- Attachment #2: Dan Adrian Seracu.vcf --]
[-- Type: text/x-vcard; name="Dan Adrian Seracu.vcf", Size: 447 bytes --]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Seracu;Dan;Adrian;ing.
FN:Dan Adrian Seracu
ORG:Sintezis Birotica;Retail
TITLE:coordonator retele POS
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+40 59 44 32 88
TEL;WORK;FAX:+ 40 59 44 32 88
ADR;WORK:;;str. Roman Ciorogariu, nr. 24;Oradea;Bihor;3700;Romania
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:str. Roman Ciorogariu, nr. 24=0D=0AOradea, Bihor 3700=0D=0ARomania
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dans@sintezis.rdsor.ro
REV:20000317T114317Z
END:VCARD

* Re: Different header and footer
@ 2000-03-17 14:36 ` Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 2000-03-17 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Seracu <dans@sintezis.rdsor.ro> writes:

> Hello everyone!

Hi.

> How can I make a different header and footer for each first page in
> a chapter (i.e. the page where it is written "CHAPTER 1").
>
> How can I make a different page size for that first page in a chapter.

Here is a document that does that:

\setupoutput		[pdftex] % (I messed up my ConTeXt, so I need this)
\setuppapersize		[A6][letter]
\setuppagenumbering	[location=]
\setupheader		[style=slanted]
\setupheadertexts	[text][section][pagenumber]

\definetext	[section][footer][pagenumber]

\setuphead	[section]
		[number=no,style=\bfb,
		 before=\blank,after=\blank,
		 header=high,footer=section,page=yes]
\setuphead	[subsection]
		[style=bold]

\starttext
\noheaderandfooterlines
\completecontent

\section{College of Education Personnel}

This is how to track down a bug if you know nothing about
kernel hacking.  It's a brute force approach but it works pretty well.

This is how also to track down a bug if you know nothing about
kernel hacking.  It's a brute force approach but it works pretty well.

\subsection{Wrong Prisoner Leftovers}

        Do a binary search over the kernels to figure out which one
          introduced the bug.  I.e., suppose 1.3.28 didn't have the bug, but
          you know that 1.3.69 does.  Pick a kernel in the middle and build
          that, like 1.3.50.  Build \& test; if it works, pick the mid point
          between .50 and .69, else the mid point between .28 and .50.

My apologies to Linus and the other kernel hackers for describing this
brute force approach, it's hardly what a kernel hack would do.  However,
it does work and it lets non-hackers help bug fix.  And it is cool
because Linux snapshots will let you do this - something that you can't
do with vender supplied releases.

\section{Would Have Cold}

                And then rebuild and retest.  Assuming that all related
                changes were contained in the sub directory, this should
                isolate the change to a directory.

                Problems: changes in header files may have occurred; I've
                found in my case that they were self explanatory - you may
                or may not want to give up when that happens.

However, on many setups, there are actually three different ways of looking
at memory addresses, and in this case we actually want the third, the
so-called ``bus address''.

\subsection{Either Prisoner Carry}

Finally, you take all the info that you have, kernel revisions, bug
description, the extent to which you have narrowed it down, and pass
that off to whomever you believe is the maintainer of that section.
A post to linux.dev.kernel isn't such a bad idea if you've done some
work to narrow it down.

Now, on normal PCs the bus address is exactly the same as the physical
address, and things are very simple indeed. However, they are that simple
because the memory and the devices share the same address space, and that is
not generally necessarily true on other PCI/ISA setups.

\stoptext

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/