* WinEdt and Context
@ 2002-01-01 19:38 Gerard Hermans
From: Gerard Hermans @ 2002-01-01 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
can anybody advise me how to use/install Context on a
windows environment with MikTeX 2.1 and WinEdt 5?

In ConteXt manuals it is stated that Perl needs to be
installed, which I don't have. Also the command texexec
<filename> is mentioned but this does not work as a macro
from WinEdt (I added c:\texmf\context\texmf to the PATH
variable).

Thanks for your ideas.
Gerard Hermans

* Re: WinEdt and Context
@ 2002-01-01 19:50 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2002-01-01 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

"Gerard Hermans" <gh@gerard-hermans.demon.nl> writes:

> In ConteXt manuals it is stated that Perl needs to be
> installed, which I don't have. Also the command texexec

Search the net for ActivePerl, they have fine Windows versions. Easy
to install.

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: WinEdt and Context
@ 2002-01-01 20:09   ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-01-01 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Search the net for ActivePerl, they have fine Windows versions. Easy
> to install.

I use thus URL to find perl:

http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/piet/

more specifically

http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/piet/software.html#Perl

* Re: WinEdt and Context
@ 2002-01-02 11:03 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-01-02 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Am Dienstag 01 Januar 2002 20:38 schrieb Gerard Hermans:
> In ConteXt manuals it is stated that Perl needs to be
> installed, which I don't have.

The searched company's named ActiveState (.org, I presume; I forgot the URL).

> Also the command texexec
> <filename> is mentioned but this does not work as a macro

texexec.pl is a Perl script (therefore you need Perl),
all ConTeXt scripts are located in ...texmf\context\perltk,
you should have this in your PATH. And maybe you should
have a look at runperl.zip...

Grüßlis vom Hraban!

* Re: WinEdt and Context
@ 2002-01-02 16:26   ` Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2002-01-02 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message <200201021103.g02B3f600905@nathir.fiee.lan>,
on Wed, 2 Jan 2002 at 12:03:41, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

>Am Dienstag 01 Januar 2002 20:38 schrieb Gerard Hermans:
>> In ConteXt manuals it is stated that Perl needs to be
>> installed, which I don't have.

>texexec.pl is a Perl script (therefore you need Perl),
>all ConTeXt scripts are located in ...texmf\context\perltk,
>you should have this in your PATH. And maybe you should
>have a look at runperl.zip...

I avoided the need for runperl.exe by choosing the appropriate
(ActiveState) Perl install option that allows you to double-click .pl
files to run them automatically. The reason for doing this is that
runperl.exe does not set the ERRORLEVEL environment variable. I use the
following command script file under Win2K to compile my current ConTeXt
project and start Yap if it worked or drop into the editor if there were
errors.

---start---
prompt $$
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\working directory"

texexec.pl --batch %1 00_master.tex

@echo off
if errorlevel 1 goto errors
goto noerrors

:errors
"C:\path to editor\gvim.exe" -q 00_master.log
goto end

:noerrors
if "%1" == "--pdf" goto :end
start /i yap -1 00_master.dvi

:end
---end---

I call this script from one of two links on the desktop: one just calls
this file as is and generates a DVI file - or drops into the editor if
there is a problem. The other supplies "-PDF" as the %1 parameter which
causes a PDF version to be generated instead of DVI.

Something like the above might be what you need to get your WinEDT macro
working.

HTH.

Regards,
--