Hello, as a Vim user, I was not satisfied with its support for MetaPost (especially indenting). I have updated the {mf,mp}.vim scripts in Vim, which you find attached, and which I have forwarded to the respective maintainers. Hopefully, they will be included in a future release of Vim. For the time being, just unpack and put in your .vim folder. I have tested these scripts and they work fine for me. But if you use Vim, I would be glad if you could try them and report your feedback. New things: - *all* METAFONT/MetaPost, mplain.{mp,mf} keywords are highlighted in the respective file types! Up to date with mpost 1.991. - Indentation should work *much* better; and you may use 'markers' to force indentation patterns (see indent/mp.vim) because, you know, a machine will never get MetaPost indentation right ;) - Keyword omnicompletion (courtesy of Vim's syntaxcomplete)! Trigger with . - You may jump between figures, macros and blocks using standard mappings: [[, ]], ][, [], [{, ]}. - Support for the matchit plugin (e.g., with the cursor on 'if', type % to jump to the corresponding 'fi'). ConTeXt users will benefit from these scripts, too, inside MetaPost environments. Unfortunately, only the syntax file is available in a ConTeXt document. For omnicompletion, you may put these in ./vim/after/ftplugin/context.vim: setlocal omnifunc=syntaxcomplete#Complete let g:omni_syntax_group_include_context='mf\w\+,mp\w\+' Not ideal, but it works. For indentation, I'm still investigating possible workarounds. Happy typesetting! Nicola