* Help: tweaking bibliography style
@ 2010-12-14  9:29 Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2010-12-14  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
currently, in my document, an article reference looks like this:

[1] Thor, A. U. (2010). ConTeXt is great. My Own Publishing, 2(4), 23-34.

with the title in italics. How to make the year appear at the end and
how to make the publisher in italics, too? I would like such changes to
apply to other types of references as well (books, inproceedings, etc...)

Second, \cite[Thor:2010,Bar:2009] produces something like [6 and 9]. How
do I get rid of 'and' and get simply [6,9]?

This is my current setup (mainly code copied from the Wiki):

\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=my-biblio,sort=author]
\def\bracketed#1{\hbox to 20pt{\hfill [{#1}]}}
\setuppublications[
   sorttype=bib,
   numbering=yes,
   numbercommand=\bracketed
]
\unprotect\def\UCauthor#1#2#3#4#5%
{\bf\bibdoif{#2}{#2\bibalternative\c!vonsep}%
   #3\bibalternative\c!surnamesep
    \bibdoif{#5}{#5\bibalternative\c!juniorsep}%
    \bibdoif{#4}{#4\unskip}}
\protect
\setuppublicationlist[
   artauthor=\UCauthor,
   editor=\UCauthor,
   author=\UCauthor,
   namesep={, },
   lastnamesep={, },
   finalnamesep={, }
]

A last, less important, question: the Wiki suggests to
\usemodule[bibltx]. If I do so, I get the warning “module bibltx not
found”. It seems that omitting that module has no consequences. Is it
needed at all? If so, for what?

Nicola

* Re: Help: tweaking bibliography style
@ 2010-12-15 15:04 ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2010-12-15 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In article <nvitacolonna-F968F4.10292114122010@news.gmane.org>,
 Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> currently, in my document, an article reference looks like this:
>
> [1] Thor, A. U. (2010). ConTeXt is great. My Own Publishing, 2(4), 23-34.
>
> with the title in italics. How to make the year appear at the end and
> how to make the publisher in italics, too? I would like such changes to
> apply to other types of references as well (books, inproceedings, etc...)
>
> Second, \cite[Thor:2010,Bar:2009] produces something like [6 and 9]. How
> do I get rid of 'and' and get simply [6,9]?

Sorry for the noise: somehow, I hadn't noticed that a fairly complete
bib manual exists. Now I realise how flexible the module is.

As for bibltx, I assume that it is deprecated.

Nicola