* Watchmode
@ 2019-11-29 10:07 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2019-11-29 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
is there a watchmode for ConTeXt? So that I can it once and ConTeXt will
re-typeset a file once there are changes?
Best,
Denis

* Re: Watchmode
@ 2019-11-29 10:26 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2019-11-29 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 11:07:01 +0100
Denis Maier <denis.maier.lists@mailbox.org> wrote:

> is there a watchmode for ConTeXt?

I'm not aware of such a feature.

> So that I can it once and ConTeXt will re-typeset a file once
> there are changes?

Idea:

file='somefile.tex'
while true; do
  inotifywait --event modify "$file"
  context --batchmode "$file"
done

Marco

* Re: Watchmode
@ 2019-11-29 11:32   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2019-11-29 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Marco Patzer wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 11:07:01 +0100
> Denis Maier <denis.maier.lists@mailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> So that I can it once and ConTeXt will re-typeset a file once
>> there are changes?
>
> Idea:
>
> file='somefile.tex'
> while true; do
>  inotifywait --event modify "$file"
>  context --batchmode "$file"
> done

I use atchange (http://users.fred.net/tds/lab/atchange.html), which allows
you write a file, where you can specify dependencies, so I can trigger an
automatic rerun if either of the dependencies change. This is useful for
larger projects.

Aditya