On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Romain Diss wrote: > Le 13/03/2019, Aditya Mahajan a �crit >> > Is there a simple way to split a large \startframedtext environment over >> > multiple pages. It doesn't work out of the box and I didn't find any >> > option make it work in the wiki nor in the documentation I read. >> >> Use backgrounds or textbackgrounds. > Thank you but I still can't achieve what I want to do whith this > command. > > I try to make something similar to the frames in the > "mkiv-publications.pdf" manual (page 6 or 22 for a bibliography for > examples). > I suppose Hans Hagen made use of metafun to do it but I encounter some > problems with 'textbackgrounds'. > > In this minimal example, the frame doesn't appear (or if i set > [frame=on,leftframe=off] all the frame is rendered) and the left and > right offsets are not took into account. textbackground uses metapost for ALL backgrounds and the default metapost code to draw the background (draw_multi_pars, defined in mp-abck.mkiv) doesn't handle individual frames. So, you have to write your own metapost code to draw the side bar. Another option for simple backgrounds is to use `\definebackground` instead of `definetextbackground`. The background mechanism doesn't have too many options, but does honor leftframe and rightframe by default. Aditya